5 Steps to Advancing Pay Equity in 2021
March 11, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
While pay equity may have slid down the priority list in 2020, the past year’s legal and social climate has magnified its importance even more. This course provides learners a roadmap for transitioning pay equity from a separate compliance or DEI initiative to an integral component of an effective and comprehensive compensation program.
This course will update learners on the current legal landscape, address equity considerations that have been highlighted by changes in the distribution of our workforce, explore components of a compensation program where pay equity will drive change, and emphasize the importance of equipping recruiters, managers, and leaders to embrace a new approach to the role compensation plays in the workplace.
- Understand why pay equity is important
- Understand the differences between federal and state-specific pay equity mandates and learn how to comply with a variety of pay equity laws
- Understand the current legal landscape and pay equity trends
- Identify considerations for maintaining pay equity with a distributed or remote workforce
- Implement strategies for increasing pay transparency
- Identify key compensation program elements that need updating
- Recommend strategies for educating recruiters, managers, and leaders on new compensation strategies
HRCI: 1 Credit – The use of this official seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
SHRM: 1 Credit – Trupp HR is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
As the Founder and President of Trüpp, Jean has a passion for contributing to and furthering the success of growing organizations. Her straightforward yet strategic approach focuses on delivering HR services that are tailored to the unique needs, risks, and business objectives of each organization while removing the complexity often associated with the HR function.
Contact: email@example.com | 503.828.0255 x101
In her role at Trüpp, Audra contributes as an HR Compliance Consultant—focusing her efforts on advising clients on regulatory compliance matters, authoring employment policies and handbooks, and contributing to client consulting activities. She has a passion for compliance and enjoys providing guidance under various federal and multi-state employment laws in a relaxed style which is easy to understand.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 503.828.0255 x112