|Brief Description of PSU/School/Dept||
The Human Resource department is located in the Market Center Building at 4th and Market.
The Accessibility and Leaves Administrator is responsible for processing and monitoring of employee protected leave programs, including leaves and accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Workers Compensation (SAIF) Programs, and union negotiated leave donation programs. This position works closely with, and serves as backup to the Senior Leaves Administrator, processing Federal and State statutory leaves including FMLA, OFLA, military leave, crime victims leave, and discretionary and personal leaves as needed. As a member of the Leaves/Accommodation Team, this position provides professional and essential assistance to employees in need and/or crisis and works with supervisors to assess reasonable accommodations.
* Significant experience administering accommodations under the ADA and protected leave programs
* High level of skill interacting with people in distress or dealing with trauma
* In-depth knowledge of applicable federal and state statutes, including but not limited to: Americans with Disabilities Act, Workers’ Compensation law, and Federal and State Family/Medical Leave Laws.
* Skill to perform, research, compile and analyze data and make compliance decisions relating to employee leaves.
* Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of work product, confidentiality, and integrity
* Ability to provide excellent customer service by meeting the needs of and interacting with employees, union representatives, supervisors, University administrators, vendors, and others encountered during the course of work in a courteous and professional manner.
* Successful completion of a background check.
* Experience working with Collective Bargaining Agreements.
* Experience working at a large, complex organization with many different employee types.
* Experience with OnBase and Banner.
* PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM SCP Certification.
|Key Cultural Competencies||
|Environmental Stewardship||Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.|
|Work Days/Hours||Monday through Friday 8 am to 5pm|
|Total Compensation Range & Benefits Statement||
Salary is dependent on several factors, and new employees will typically start around the Q1 level to allow for later growth within the salary band. PSU has a structured process for determining starting compensation, taking into account years of related experience, applicable skills, knowledge and abilities, market parity, and internal equity. The starting annual salary for this position will be $49,900 – $52,500 but may be negotiated above this rate dependent upon the factors above, the budget of the hiring department, and approval from HR. An excellent benefits package includes 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon University System schools : https://www.pdx.edu/human-resources/benefits-overview Please visit our total compensation calculator to see the full value of our benefits package : https://www.pdx.edu/human-resources/psu-total-compensation-calculator