The Accessibility and Leaves Administrator is responsible for processing and monitoring of employee protected leave programs, including leaves and accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Workers Compensation (SAIF) Programs, and union negotiated leave donation programs. This position works closely with, and serves as backup to the Senior Leaves Administrator, processing Federal and State statutory leaves including FMLA, OFLA, military leave, crime victims leave, and discretionary and personal leaves as needed. As a member of the Leaves/Accommodation Team, this position provides professional and essential assistance to employees in need and/or crisis and works with supervisors to assess reasonable accommodations.
* Experience administering accommodations under the ADA and protected leave programs
* High level of skill interacting with people in distress or dealing with trauma
* Knowledge of applicable federal and state statutes, including but not limited to: Americans with Disabilities Act, Workers’ Compensation law, and Federal and State Family/Medical Leave Laws.
* Skill to perform, research, compile and analyze data and make compliance decisions relating to employee leaves.
* Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of work product, confidentiality, and integrity
* Ability to provide excellent customer service by meeting the needs of and interacting with employees, union representatives, supervisors, University administrators, vendors, and others encountered during the course of work in a courteous and professional manner.
* Successful completion of a background check.
* Experience working with Collective Bargaining Agreements.
* Experience working at a large, complex organization with many different employee types.
* Experience with OnBase and Banner.
* PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM SCP Certification.