Portland State University is Oregon’s most affordable public research university, located in the heart of one of America’s most dynamic cities. Our mission to “let knowledge serve the city” reflects our dedication to turning ideas into action — in Portland and around the world. The city is our campus, giving students unmatched access to career connections, a vibrant cultural scene and hands-on learning experiences with hundreds of community partners.
More than 27,000 students from all backgrounds bring diverse perspectives to our classrooms and campus life, from the tree-lined Park Blocks to the bustling Urban Plaza and state-of-the-art science labs. We are proud of our world-class faculty, groundbreaking research and international reputation for excellence in sustainability, community engagement and innovation.
The Office of Human Resources team is committed to providing quality service that enables faculty and staff to contribute at the highest level to support the mission of the University. We serve the PSU community in the areas of:
- Recruiting and hiring.
- Employee and labor relations.
- Benefits and leaves.
- Payroll operations and accounting.
- Compensation and Classification.
- Training and development.
The Accessibility and Leaves Administrator is responsible for processing and monitoring of employee protected leave programs, including leaves and accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Workers Compensation (SAIF) Programs, and union negotiated leave donation programs. This position works closely with, and serves as backup to the Senior Leaves Administrator, processing Federal and State statutory leaves including FMLA, OFLA, military leave, crime victims leave, and discretionary and personal leaves as needed. As a member of the Leaves/Accommodation Team, this position provides professional and essential assistance to employees in need and/or crisis and works with supervisors to assess reasonable accommodations.
- Significant experience administering accommodations under the ADA and protected leave programs.
- High level of skill interacting with people in distress or dealing with trauma.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable federal and state statutes, including but not limited to: Americans with Disabilities Act, Workers’ Compensation law, and Federal and State Family/Medical Leave Laws.
- Skill to perform, research, compile and analyze data and make compliance decisions relating to employee leaves.
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of work product, confidentiality, and integrity.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by meeting the needs of and interacting with employees, union representatives, supervisors, University administrators, vendors, and others encountered during the course of work in a courteous and professional manner.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Experience working with Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Experience working at a large, complex organization with many different employee types.
- Experience with OnBase and Banner.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM SCP Certification.
- Address PO Box 751