Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in SW Portland, OR to identify a Benefits Administrator to join their team. This is a full-time, direct-hire, 100% onsite position. The Benefits Administrator will manage all aspects of health and wellness benefits for eligible employees across the company, including those at our various, dispersed job sites. This role is the go-to person for all benefits related questions, feedback, election changes, carrier invoicing, wellness, operational reporting, etc.
The Benefit Administrator will play a key role in the onboarding process including, but not limited to, presentations, training and successful benefit election implementation. This role partners closely with all employees to provide education on benefits offerings, open enrollment changes, and any other policy or compliance information. The Benefits Administrator must possess effective communication skills and the ability to pick up and drop multiple tasks at any time. Total discretion is required with all confidential information. This person must also be an advocate for the employee and possess relational skills that would be an asset to the company.
- Resolve escalated benefits issues with employees, HR leadership, carriers and other outside vendors
- Uphold and understand all relevant plan rules, regulatory policies and practices
- Conduct new hire orientation and provide training on self-enrollment benefit system
- Administer Open Enrollment, including distribution of materials, presentation delivery, communication to employees, and all steps appropriate to facilitate timely completion
- Ensure accuracy of employee benefit enrollments and changes, including dependent verification, voluntary calculations/deductions as entered into Viewpoint, and compliance with plan
- Manage carrier invoicing, including reconciliations with carriers and Accounting team
- Produce monthly plan performance reports including total costs, forecast, and additional analytics
- Partner with HR Coordinator and Marketing to develop wellness content
- Research and propose additional Wellness program opportunities, investments, etc.
- Assemble and deliver required ACA updates and Form 1095-C reporting
- Collaborate with the HR leadership and outside vendors, such as brokers, carriers, and service providers regarding benefits and HR related items
- Monitor, research and propose benefit program enhancements to be considered as a part of the offering
- Review and assist in plan changes, cost analysis and implementation of plan changes
- Identify and establish reasonable short- and long-term goals, milestones, and benchmarks for key performance metrics for benefits
- Develop documentation to track enrollments and balanced statements, support system, execute process changes and training
- Partner with HR Manager to coordinate leaves of absence, short-term and long-term disability needs
- Ensure company is compliant with state and federal laws related to benefits offerings and administration
- Ensure system, data accuracy and integrity including data maintenance and audits related to benefits and perform internal and support external audits
- Assist in other duties as assigned, relevant to the achievement of the position’s and department’s objectives.
- Provide back-up support to HR Coordinator
- 3 years Human Resources Benefit administration experience
- 3 years of data validation and accurate reporting of benefit costs and tracking
- Viewpoint or similar HRIS experience, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle highly confidential data with integrity and professionalism
- Thorough understanding of local, state and federal laws pertaining to HR policies and benefits administration, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, and Section 125
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Highly proficient in Excel including pivot tables, V-lookups, etc.
- Ability to work independently while being able to collaborate in a cross-functional team environment
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License