- Oversee day-to-day administration of benefit plans across the company. This includes timely invoice payments/generation and reconciliation, arrears reporting, newly eligible employee enrollment, HCM system maintenance, auto file feed audits, terminations, and state or city specific reporting.
- Oversee all leave of absence programs and processes (FMLA, state leave, personal leave, etc.). Follow up with employees who request leaves of absence to ensure understanding of policy and required return date, to gather essential documentation, and track time away from work and unpaid benefits premiums during leave. Maintain appropriate communication with employees and managers on leave status and return to work process and requirements. Ensure managers understand intermittent leave requirements. Partner with management and HR Business Partners on complex employee leave issues. Coordinate pay while on leave information with Payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Oversee Workers’ Comp process. Partner with Workers’ Comp carrier to ensure claim process is handled properly and ensure employees are receiving appropriate care/can return to work as quickly as possible. Partner with management and HR Business Partners on complex workers’ comp issues.
- In partnership with HR Business Partners, continuously improve processes and training to managers in areas such as leave of absences and workers comp.
- Act as the primary contact for manager and employee inquiries on TEC’s benefit plans. research and resolve issues as appropriate independently or in partnership with broker/vendors
- Partner with HRBPs on ADA/accommodation related requests and issues.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and ensure compliance in all applicable local, state, and federal regulations. This includes but is not limited to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), IRS cafeteria and flex spending plans, state and federal leave laws, Workers’ Comp, ADA, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- High volume benefits experience in a primarily non-exempt environment.
- Benefits experience in highly regulated states, like Oregon, Washington and California.
- Knowledge of group health plans and programs, 401(k), Workers’ Comp, and leaves of absence
- Excellent communication skills and follow through.
- Effective prioritization and an understanding of when to escalate an issue.
- Excellent detail orientation, organization, and time management skills.
- Prior use of HCM systems and intermediate Excel skills (Vlookup, formulas, etc.)
- Ability to analyze data to identify problems, trends, root causes, and recommend solutions.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency and prioritize multiple projects with limited supervision.