Salary: $65K – $75K
Industry: Higher Education
Mulberry Talent Partners: Human Resources Division, has joined with our client, a local university, to identify a Benefits Administrator. The Benefits Administrator is a critical thinker that will lead all aspects of the university’s employment and compensation system. Reporting directly to the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources, the Benefits Administrator is responsible for the planning, design, implementation, maintenance, regulatory compliance, communication, and administration of all university-wide benefits and compensation activities. This role is ideal for someone with a deep benefits background who is looking to grow in compensation. Exceptional opportunity for career growth.
- Ensures and provides day-to-day administration for all University benefits and leave programs, including, but not limited to health, dental, retirement, life and disability programs, and non-core benefit programs such as voluntary benefits, credit union and convenience programs, and statutory benefit programs such as workers compensation, ADA, FMLA and OFLA.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of FMLA, OFLA, ADA and other leave laws as required
- Manages all leaves and accommodation requests associated with disability and protected leaves in accordance with state and federal requirements ensure policies are applied accurately and consistently across the university.
- Administers workers compensation program, advising employees and managers regarding work-related injuries/illnesses and facilitating claims process and return-to-work activities.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the planning and production of benefit related events, including open enrollment, employee flu-shot and other health-supporting clinics, the annual benefits and wellness fair, and benefit-education meetings/presentations.
- Assists Director of Risk Management with annual insurance renewal and requests for proposal (RFP), as needed, and participates in vendor evaluation, negotiations, and implementation activities.
- Works with vendors to ensure timely completion of annual 5500 reporting forms and ensures timely filing to EBSA.
- In conjunction with HRIS Analyst, completes annual benefit and compensation surveys.
Classification and Compensation – Responsibilities listed below are opportunities to grow in compensation within this role:
- Manages the development, implementation, maintenance and administration of the classification and total compensation structure for the university.
- Analyzes total compensation practices in relation to internal equity and market competitiveness and recommends and implements changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive pay rates and ensure compensation equity.
- Responsible for monitoring executive compensation and ensuring legal and regulatory compliance.
- In coordination the Employment Manager, conduct job analysis to determine appropriate market pricing; review and approve salary increases and advise management on compensation actions for employees.
- Maintain knowledge of government regulations, compensation trends, and practices among similar organizations.
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve processes, systems and technology, measurement practices, and metrics reporting for the HR community.
- Support larger HR initiatives by ensuring continuity and successful delivery of functional service.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of three to five years of experience managing the benefits, development, administration, and evaluation of compensation/classification programs, exhibiting knowledge of program principles and practices, preferably in a higher education or equivalent environment.
- Knowledge of laws and best practices related to essential functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of various workplace and employment regulations including but not limited to Fair Labor Standards Act, Oregon Pay Equity Act, Equal Employment Opportunity and other federal and state laws that apply to compensation, classification and hiring.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking, creative problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Advanced experience with Excel preferred
- Experience in compensation a plus
More about the Organization:
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, the University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. They seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Interested in learning more? If you are new to Mulberry or a Mulberry candidate, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you soon!