The Benefits and Well-being Specialist
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Do Right By Every Bite.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food because everyone deserves better.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce. At Tillamook, we believe that inclusion and diversity are central to our cultural strategy. In order to achieve our growth ambition and compete and win in the marketplace, we believe we make better decisions and build stronger teams when we invite and rely on diverse perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures into our work and to fuel our innovation and growth. To us this means creating a climate of inclusion where all employees feel valued and a sense of belonging. We believe this will make us a better consumer brand and employer.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work, and good, honest values
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work, and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
The Benefits and Well-being Specialist is a key partner to the Well-being team at Tillamook. The role not only handles a variety of administrative tasks and supports the P&C department, but is a valuable resource for our employees. The main focus of this position will be the company’s benefits and well-being programs: Educating employees on benefits & programs; benefit enrollment, changes & COBRA; administration & billing; benefits & well-being communications including newsletters, guides & intranet site.
In addition to the administrative tasks, this role works directly with employees; the shared value of Genuine Care shall be advocated at all times.
As this role is a service oriented position, the successful candidate for this position will be extremely positive, highly organized and function well in an environment with multiple changing priorities. In addition, will be relied upon to for proactive follow up and a deep level of position responsibilities.
Here’s a day in life:
- Benefits Administration of several benefit plans such as health insurance, life insurance, FSA, and various voluntary plans across multiple companies: Enrollment, changes, COBRA, billing, and invoices
- Employee Services: Assist with benefit education, enrollment, questions, changes, owns benefit inbox and hotline and is instrumental during open enrollment
- Benefit Communications: Weekly bulletins, digital media boards, home mailings, benefit guides, Well-Being sites, organizes and schedules webinars
- Inventory and ordering for our various reward programs
- Provide the P&C department with assistance in carrying out various programs and procedures, and assistance with research and other special projects
- Back-up for the Leave of Absence Administrator including processing leave of absence requests and monitoring team emails
- Tillamook Cares: Organizes and announces volunteer opportunities, maintains volunteer calendar of events, tracks volunteer hours, and enters time into timecards as needed
- In partnership w/EVP, coordinates company activities and events
- Creates letters and other memorandums
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public.
- Communicate effectively
- Act as a team player and be able to interact with staff at all levels of the company.
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Utilize a computer with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Demonstrate excellent time-management skills with the ability to work production environment independently with little supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED; or a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management; or two to four years of experience in the HR field, preferably benefits administration; or any similar combination of education and experience
- Requires prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources. Prior experience with an HRIS database preferred.
- Intermediate level knowledge of excel, word, outlook
- FMLA/OFLA Experience Preferred
- Admin experience in highly confidential environment
- Standing and/or walking
- Lifting 25 lbs.
- Vision for machine or computer operations
Industry-leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page:
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued, and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds, and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer, and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives, and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AA
- Address 4185 N Hwy 101, Tillamook, OR 97141