Benefits & HR Specialist
The Benefits & HR Specialist supports the organizations total rewards programs, as well as supporting the HR & Payroll team and leaders across the organization with day to day continuous improvement tasks. This role will primarily be responsible for communicating directly with employees on group health, welfare and retirement benefits programs, creating and implementing process and program improvement around benefit communications, and managing the day to day administration of the benefit plans.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities (and % of time dedicated to duties equal to 100%)
Benefits: Health & Welfare, Retirement (70%)
- Manage the new hire benefits enrollment process including tracking, communication/distribution of materials, assisting employees with the enrollment process, answering questions and maintaining compliance with regulations.
- Ensure the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information. Enroll employees on vendor sites for which there is no EDI fie.
- Assist employees with ongoing benefit questions, qualifying event processing and any other day to day issues that arise in relation to benefit plans.
- Partner with Payroll to ensure accurate payroll deductions in accordance with enrollments.
- Reconcile payroll deductions and carrier/vendor payments to ensure accuracy and problem solve when discrepancies are present.
- Partner with Payroll on the 401(k) administration, including downloading and entering contribution changes in the HRIS and supporting the biweekly Payroll upload process
- Keep a pulse on the employee experience as it relates to benefits and compensation. Communicate opportunities for improvement to Benefits & Compensation Administrator and HR Team. May support creation and implementation of annual benefits survey for organization.
- Coordinate the monthly vendor invoice reconciliation and approval process, partnering closely with internal Accounting/Finance team for timely reporting and processing.
- Assist with annual open enrollment; support creation of presentations, booklets and other materials. May be asked to present/lead open enrollment process at some sites.
- Maintain compliance with COBRA.
- Support leave of absence program including supporting disability claims.
- Support Benefits & Compensation Administrator in ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and required reporting and auditing.
- Support the development and implementation of a wellness culture that supports employee and family well-being while building teamwork.
- Support leaders and HR team members in completion of job evaluations for compliant job descriptions, market benchmarking and internal grade structures.
- Assist in researching compensation through salary surveys as needed.
- May support management of incentive plan programs and annual review process.
Other HR/Payroll Duties (15%)
- Support the ongoing implementation and rollout of HRIS modules. May be asked to conduct testing, facilitate data entry, or user training, etc. as needed.
- Prepare, create and audit reports for the HR department as needed, utilizing reporting function of HRIS.
- Partner with Payroll to ensure federal, state and local compliance and internal reporting and processing adherence. Assist with reconciliations on an as needed basis to support payroll process.
- Serve as primary backup to payroll; understand how to process payroll runs for US employees in order to support team needs as they arise. Potential to support Mexico payroll.
- Respond to unemployment claims from all US sites.
- Support the maintenance of the HR Team SharePoint site including document management and employee support tools.
- Assist employees with HR and Payroll related inquiries.
Education and Knowledge/Skills/Experience Desired
- Associate’s degree in human resources, business or related field; minimum two (2) years’ experience in Human Resources, preferably in a benefits or benefits/payroll focused role.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Prior experience utilizing HRIS to manage and report on benefit plans required. Ceridian Dayforce experience preferred.
- Experience administering self-insured benefit programs highly desired.
- Intermediate understanding of Payroll processes a plus.
- Professional certifications a plus, including any of the following: HR (SHRM or HRCI), American Payroll Association (FCP, CPP) and/or World at Work or International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (CEBS)
- Technology: Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel (vlookup, graphs/charts, pivot tables), PowerPoint and benefits databases (Ceridian Dayforce HRIS configuration including imports/exports, file feeds, plan setup is helpful).
- Demonstrated organization skills with strong attention to detail and ability to see processes through to completion.
- Strong analytical skills and a basic knowledge of benefits and compensation plan designs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to problem-solve independently and collaboratively with geographically dispersed team members across 12 U.S. locations.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of federal/state regulations, filing and compliance requirements including the ACA, HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA FMLA, ADA, IRS Section 125, worker’s compensation, 401k, Social Security, and DOL requirements.
To apply for this position, please use this link to visit the TransPak Career Portal, https://usr58.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/transpak/, or submit your resume to HR@transpak.com with the subject line Benefits & HR Specialist.