Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
The Chief People Officer (CPO) is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of CCC’s mission, business plan, and strategic direction, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, equity and inclusion, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, employee relations, employment practices and procedures, and HR information systems.
With a dual reporting structure to the CEO and the COO, the Chief People Officer serves as both a business partner and a strategic leader on the senior team. The CPO is the principal architect in developing and executing human capital strategy in support of the strategic direction of the organization. With the oversight of the CEO and COO, the CPO develops and coaches managers to build an engaged workforce, implement a positive culture, and achieve organizational and business goals. The Chief People Officer plays an integral part in strengthening Central City Concern’s capacity to improve and innovate at every level of the organization, advancing the measures of CCC’s Balanced Scorecard and strategic plan.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to engage with diverse staff and leadership to promote trust, collaboration, and partnership between departments and levels of leadership.
- Function as a senior business executive who can add perspective and leadership beyond functional responsibility with a track record of helping to develop a People function that is a mission-critical partner in the business’ success.
- Ability to consider the impacts and outcomes for underserved communities during decision-making processes.
- Ability to consider impacts of systems of oppression, structural racism, and individual bias on client outcomes.
- Track record of developing innovative and forward-thinking talent strategies and initiatives, and successfully scaling a compelling company culture.
- Hands-on leader with the ability to attract a highly motivated and talented team.
- Deep appreciation for the importance of team design and people alignment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of theories and practices surrounding organizational diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in a relevant field required; SHRM-SCP or SPHR certification preferred.
- 15+ years direct combined Human Resources, People Operations and/or Talent Acquisition experience.
- 5+ years leading HR/People Ops/Talent Acquisition teams in high-growth organizations.
- Experience leveraging practices of community/employee engagement for organizational development required.
- Strong employee relations experience required. Experience with a unionized workforce preferred.
- If a recovering chemically dependent person, a minimum of two years sobriety is required.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations, treating each individual with respect and dignity.
To learn more about Central City Concern and the Chief People Officer opportunity, please visit www.CentralCityConcern.org.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.
- Salary Offer DOE
- Address 232 NW 6th Ave. Portland, Oregon 97209