HR Answers is a team of fun and dedicated staff who serve clients of all sizes in non-profit, public, and the private sector. Our work covers the spectrum of HR services including compensation. Our client’s compensation needs range from individual job salary surveys to comprehensive development or redesign of total rewards programs. We are looking for a Compensation Analyst that wants to add their skills to the mix, work with seasoned HR consultants, and assist clients in reaching their goals.
General Position Summary
The Compensation Analyst is the key resource for the consulting staff and is responsible for analysis of salary survey information, comparison of jobs, and managing associated data and records.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the consultants on a variety of compensation related projects, including design, analysis, estimates, and methodology.
- Research salary surveys and determine job matches based on job content and organizational characteristics such as budgets, industry, geographic locations, and related standards.
- Complete job analysis using custom and standard evaluation tools.
- Maintain consistency in documentation and approach. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Build salary structures, bonus plans, and related compensation narratives for client policy development.
- Communicate methodologies and outcomes clearly.
- Write or edit job descriptions for client.
- Support the consulting team with other analytical or data management needs.
This position operates within best practices and principles and is frequently expected to initiate action or recommend decisions to management. The position works with consultants to achieve desired outcomes for client projects.
The position is not formally responsible for any supervisory tasks.
This position has a very high degree of interaction with others. Contacts can occur with anyone, both inside and outside the organization. Primary contacts on the phone are clients and prospective clients. Primary contacts in person are other members of the office staff.
Specific Job Skills
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
- Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of four years of experience with primary compensation responsibility is required. Previous experience must include work with responsibility for job analysis and data management. Experience with multiple salary survey sources is preferred.
The position exists in a small professional, but informal, office environment where all staff members are expected to assist one another to meet the clients’ needs. The pace is sometimes hectic, with multiple deadlines to meet. Due to the nature of the work, some extended hours are required, occasionally on short notice. Some remote work may be possible.
- Address 7650 SW Beveland Street Ste 130 Tigard, OR 97223