At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. As part of our People and Culture team, the Compensation and Benefits Manager is responsible for implementing, managing, and continuously improving the Credit Union’s total compensation programs and HRIS. You will interface with all levels of the organization, strengthening our commitment to unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
- Provide managerial direction and oversight for the Sr. Benefits Specialist and the Compensation/HRIS Analyst, assisting them in prioritizing workload, providing hands-on support in their duties, and maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Prepare management reports and analyses for areas of responsibility, model impact of program changes, and create presentations and communications.
- Lead compensation, benefits, and HRIS projects, partnering with outside counsel and consultants as needed.
- Continuously improve processes and systems to ensure integrity and efficiency of areas of responsibility.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in compensation, benefits, and HRIS design and administration.
- Assist VP – People and Culture with vendor management activities, budget preparation, executive compensation and benefits, and strategic program design.
- Oversee compensation and HRIS components of the Credit Union’s performance management program, coordinating with Payroll and Organizational Development to ensure smooth performance management cycles.
- Hire and develop direct reports consistent with Unitus’ values, culture, and people management policies, providing coaching and feedback to direct reports.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, human resources, or a related field.
- Six years of progressively responsible experience in a combination of employee compensation and benefits roles, HRIS management experience preferred.
- At least one year of experience managing direct reports.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), HRCI Professional in HR, or Certified Compensation Professional credential preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of laws and regulations as they apply to base compensation, incentive compensation, and benefits programs, as well as company policies and operations.
- Maintain current knowledge of economic conditions, labor market, and other factors related to compensation, benefits, and HRIS disciplines, recognizing trends and discerning relevance to the Credit Union’s unique positioning, programs, structure, and priorities.
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.
For immediate consideration, apply at www.unitusccu.com.
- Address hybrid / 1300 SW Sixth Avenue, Portland, OR 97201