At Cascade Employers Association, we are focused on building better, more equitable and inclusive workplaces through compliance, culture and connection. We know that compensation plays a key role for organizations in staying competitive and we are here to make compensation less complicated. Our exceptional team guides employers by answering questions, developing competitive and equitable compensation programs and bolstering confidence in this key business function.
As a Compensation Consultant you’ll be providing professional level compensation and HR consulting services including compensation structure assessment and design, market pay assessments, incentive plans, equal pay analyses, classification consulting and support and compensation strategy consulting.
What to expect from us:
- Variety. We support over 2,000 organizations of all sizes, industries and sectors across the United States. As the compensation needs of our members continue to grow and become more complex there is always something new or different requiring creativity and innovation.
- Flexibility. This position works remotely. Our environment allows you to maximize the use of your time while making sure our members have our full support and attention.
- Service oriented culture. Through our services, we work hard to make sure HR, including compensation isn’t the thing keeping our members up at night and that you have the support you need so work isn’t keeping you up at night.
- Opportunity to make a difference. Whether it’s a quick phone call or an ongoing project, our members are thankful we are there to help make things better or simply confirm they’re doing the right thing.
This position might be right for you if:
- You have passion and subject matter expertise. Our members look to you for your compensation expertise, but also to make sure they’re seen as a great place to work. You’ll help them understand how great compensation programs and practices will help them meet their business goals.
- You prioritize service and quality. Although you have a strong sense of urgency and work at a pace faster than average, you also have a high sense of responsibility for making sure your work is of high quality, organized and has repeatable results. The timeliness and quality of results is never compromised.
- You are focused and comfortable making decisions. Because the nature of the work requires quick decision making, careful, critical analysis of new ideas or innovations is important to assure all decisions are based on knowledge and experience and align with and support established processes and practices.
- You like Structure. You prefer to work in a job environment that is structured and job expectations are well defined, supported by job training and on the job experience. The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities within a well-defined job scope.
Responsibilities of our Compensation Consultant include:
- Supporting the Director of Compensation to work with employers to evaluate options and implement base and variable pay delivery systems that best support achievement of their compensation objectives.
- Performing pay assessment and equity analytical services to help members determine the competitiveness and equality of their pay practices and support continuing alignment with their mission and goals.
- Determining project requirements, gathering information related to jobs to be studied, compiling market data from multiple market survey sources, developing market based pay structures, summarizing relationships between organization and market pay practices, and providing findings, approaches, and finalizing assessments.
- Providing guidance and support to members regarding Affirmative Action plan and program compliance, including preparing member plans by collecting, processing and analyzing hiring, promotion, transfer, termination, applicant flow and compensation data resulting in a published compliant plan. Assists members in responding to and preparing for OFCCP audits, including support and serving as the point of contact during an audit.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human Resources, Business Management or other similar field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Compensation Analyst or similar position. Two or more years of HR Generalist experience preferred.
- CCP and/or PHR certifications strongly preferred.
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and leadership skills are required in order to work effectively with all levels in an organization and in a variety of industries.
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple on-going projects are required to assure service and product credibility and quality.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat and ability to learn new software programs.
- This position is currently remote but may require some local infrequent travel in the future to meet member needs.
Please email a summary paragraph and resume to email@example.com. In your paragraph, please tell us why you think you are a ideal match for us and us for you.
Cascade is committed to maintaining a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace founded on respect, acceptance and appreciation for all individuals. It is our belief that having a diverse and inclusive workplace is critical to our success including our ability to attract and retain employees, ensure our employees thrive and to better serve our members. Cascade is an EEO employer.