The Neil Jones Food Company is looking for a Corporate Payroll Operations Manager at our corporate headquarters in Vancouver, WA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior quality, fresh packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC has been providing our nation’s discerning foodservice, retail, industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Summary: Manages operational activities of the Payroll Operations Department for the company. Working manager providing direct payroll transaction support and broader consultation and support on payroll processing, policies and practices; interfaces with vendors and operating sites regarding payroll processing matters.
- Provides leadership and project management to develop, implement, and maintain a centralized and integrated Corporate HR/Payroll System; evaluates and recommends ongoing system enhancements.
- Ensures quality and timely processing of payroll activities to include time and attendance and payroll processing, compilation of payroll statistics, withholding payments (union dues, garnishments, etc.), payroll tax payments, filings and returns, annual Form W2s, general ledger reconciliation, and all levels of record maintenance.
- Ensures quality and timely processing of HR documents and data, including new hire processing, job changes and promotions, performance management, terminations, and other data entry associated with Human Resources.
- Manages and processes payroll activities involving report preparation, audits and data compilation.
- Ensures the HR/Payroll Operations function complies with internal policies and procedures and external regulations and laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Accounting, or related field; or, any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- 7 years’ payroll operations management experience, with multi-state, multi-entity manufacturing company.
- Experience using integrated payroll/HRIS systems; ADP strongly preferred.
- Experience with unionized workforces and Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Ability to effectively supervise assigned staff.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check and credit screen.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- 401(k) match with Traditional & Roth options available
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Numerous other voluntary products available
- Convenient location, 2 miles west of downtown Vancouver
- Free parking
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
The Neil Jones Food Company participates in E-Verify
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, and other protected status under applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.