Willamette View is a Portland Metro based not-for-profit senior living community with the mission to inspire the art of living well and the vision to transform the experience of aging. We seek a new Director of Human Resources to partner with our Chief Executive Officer and senior leadership team to build an employee-oriented, high performance and caring culture that emphasizes engagement, quality, resident-focus, and development of a healthy workplace culture. Reporting to the CEO and serving on the senior leadership team, this role: 1) leads development of Human Resource policy and programs; 2) directs implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR team; 3) fosters and promotes Willamette View’s mission and vision for wellness; 4) ensures managers operate in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations and adherence to corporate policies.
Talent Acquisition – Builds responsive and effective Talent Acquisition programs to recruit for the wide variety of roles in this complex organization, with a goal of increasing capacity and creativity in a challenging employment marketplace.
Compensation and Benefits– Builds and evolves the company compensation structure and policies to enable recruitment and retention of team members at all levels in the widely various functional teams. Provides oversight and directs the Human Resource team in all aspects of employee benefit program administration.
Employee Relations – Determines, implements, and disseminates employee relations practices necessary to establish positive employment relationships and promote team morale and motivation.
Performance Management – Oversees performance management processes and system for all levels of Willamette View staff, and creates new policies and programs as needed with appropriate external vendors. Assesses and selects necessary systems to enable efficient company-wide programs.
Learning and Organizational Development – Provides leadership and actively participates in developing a culture of learning throughout the organization. Fosters employee communication and feedback through various means.
HR Compliance – Protects the interests of the company and employees in accordance with company HR policies and governmental laws and regulations. Guides company compliance with all existing governmental and labor-related legal and reporting requirements.
Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) – In consultation with internal constituents and appropriate outside resources, monitors and manages the maintenance, development or procurement and implementation of HR-related systems and software to the company’s advantage.
Strategy, Goals, Budgeting and Fiscal Management – Works closely with senior leadership team to establish corporate strategies and align HR strategy. Establishes annual HR goals and priorities and works with executive leadership team to prepare annual budgets that reflect these.
Staff Management and Supervision – Oversees and manages the work of HR staff and external consultants. Provides leadership and coaching to HR team members including opportunities for their development. Develops the HR team with training, mentorship, and experiences, and gives members authority to take action that is appropriate to their roles.
Other – Informs Chief Executive Officer and senior leadership of significant issues that jeopardize achievement of company goals and takes initiative to make recommendations for opportunities or changes. Navigates relationships with and influences leaders to enable achievement of strategic business and cultural objectives.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or other relevant areas. 2 years additional experience in lieu of degree. Relevant graduate degree preferred.
- Experience in healthcare settings (including senior living) or hospitality, manufacturing, or other corporate settings.
- 15+ years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources roles, including 5 years of multi-functional HR managerial experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the following areas: talent acquisition, compensation, organizational development, employee relations, performance management, benefits, learning and/or leadership development.
- Broad knowledge of employment law and
- Solid computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including aptitude for applications that enhance the effectiveness of HR functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership and business acumen, including strategic and analytical
- Demonstrated highly adept oral and written communication
- Significant interpersonal and leadership effectiveness, including the ability to relate well and communicate effectively with leadership, colleagues, employees, residents, family members, guests, vendors, and general public.
- Agile in evaluating risk and possessing a willingness to take appropriate risk for high reward outcomes.
- Effective coaching and consulting skills/capability.
- Evidence of an inclusive, high-integrity management/leadership approach that cultivates an atmosphere of mutual respect in all matters of business processes and relationships.
Apply here: https://willametteview.applicantpool.com/jobs/1011901.html