At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. The Director of Workplace Diversity’s purpose is to direct the implementation of strategies and programs that foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable experience for employees throughout their careers with Unitus. The incumbent provides leadership for Unitus’ Workplace Diversity Committee and Employee Resource Groups and serves as a subject matter expert and advisor to all levels of the organization. This role interfaces closely with internal partners performing adjacent roles in Human Resources, Community Development, Organizational Development, and Corporate Project Management to synchronize efforts and resources for optimal outcomes. The incumbent develops and maintains relationships with external partners to support DEI strategies and programs for the workplace. By supporting our employees and our community, this role ensures our commitment for unparalleled service—the kind that creates the Unitus difference.
As an ideal candidate, you will have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination and experience
- Specialized education in areas DEI, certification in DEI proportionate with experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of EEO and related laws
- Minimum eight years of directly related experience, preferably in a corporate DEI role, management experience preferred.
- At least five years of experience engaging with community groups to further an organization’s DEI objectives. Portland-metro community connections preferred.
- Multicultural background and experiences preferred
As an ideal candidate, you will have the following skills:
- Well-developed analytical skills and highly effective project and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
- Ability to conduct needs assessments, identify problems, develop solutions and take appropriate course of action.
- Well-developed people management and coaching skills, basic knowledge of employment law and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of DEI principles and best practices in the workplace
- Excellent communication skills including effective listening, problem solving and tact in dealing with internal and external members and colleagues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to achieve objectives through collaboration with individuals and committees/workgroups
- Strong training and development skills
- Ability to develop and build relationships with a wide range of internal and external partners using collaboration and support.
- Must be reliable and dependable in being at work, being on time, and meeting deadlines.
- Comprehend and adhere to all company wide and department specific policies and procedures.
- Address 1300 SW 6th Ave Portland OR