Educational Opportunities for Children and Families (EOCF) has closed the opportunity gap for children and families for over 53 years by providing preschool, childcare, and family support services to more than 1,350 children and families annually. Equity and inclusion are core values that are rooted in our daily mission to support children, families and staff. To further underscore this commitment, EOCF has created a new Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Manager position; a unique opportunity to make lasting impact on children, families, staff, and the community.
Reporting to the Director of Culture & Development and with full support of the leadership team, the DEI Manager works agency wide to cultivate an anti-racist environment. The DEI Manager will provide culturally responsive leadership for the advancement and integration of social justice and equity principles into agency operations and services through the application of best practices, coaching and development of staff, and measurement of DEI strategy outcomes. Consistent with the agency’s strategic plan, this position will collaborate to implement culturally responsive instructional strategies and resources for EOCF staff, children and families.
If you are passionate about advancing diversity, equity and inclusion, we would love to hear from you!
What can EOCF offer you?
- A progressive work environment that values social justice
- A competitive total compensation package which includes 401(k), employee medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid time off to support work/life balance
- Professional development opportunities
- A fantastic office and location! Our office is located in east Vancouver, WA—a short distance from restaurants, walking areas and coffee shops
- Work that is fast-paced and rewarding
- An innovative team that is collaborative, friendly and inclusive
- A positive, community-focused organizational culture
What skills can you bring to the EOCF team?
- A bachelor’s degree in organizational development, education, early childhood education, social work, ethnic studies, cultural studies, or a related field from an accredited institution and at least three years of experience working to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the work may be considered.
- Experience in coaching others to build knowledge, skills, and mindsets related to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging desirable.
- Experience working directly with children and families from marginalized communities is desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Effective at demonstrating empathy, listening for understanding, and facilitating difficult conversations.
- High degree of emotional intelligence necessary for resolving sensitive situations.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Comfortable with use of technology.
Who is Educational Opportunities for Children and Families (EOCF)?
EOCF is the leading provider of comprehensive early childhood education and family support programs in SW Washington. EOCF serves more than 1,350 children and families; EOCF’s service areas include Clark County, Long Beach in Pacific County, and the Woodland portion of Cowlitz County. Our mission: To connect, empower, and transform the lives of children and families.
What Programs does EOCF offer?
- Head Start, Early Head Start and the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) early learning classes and family support services.
- Nutrition, Health, Mental Health and Dental screenings and support services.
- Sponsorship of the Vancouver HotShots Youth Sports basketball program for grades 1-6
Open until filled with a first review of applications Monday 1/4/2021. Hiring timeline will include an initial telephone screening, ZOOM interviews 1/7 and/or 1/8; final candidates will be invited for in-person interviews approximately 1/15/2021.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity to make a difference, apply via the following link:
We invite you to learn more about Educational Opportunities for Children and Families (EOCF) by visiting: www.eocfwa.org
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!