The City of Gresham’s Human Resources team is seeking an Employee & Labor Relations (E&LR) Manager with a demonstrated passion for utilizing a strategic, solutions-oriented approach to the management of employee and labor relations for the City.
This job announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Next review of applications will take place the week of June 20, 2022.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this exciting new position will work both independently and as part of the HR team, to understand multiple varying interests and stakeholders while developing trust along the way. In this role you will be relied upon as a labor contract manager and negotiator and a trusted subject matter expert in Employee and Labor Relations. You will work with leadership, department directors, attorneys, managers, and the Human Resources team to ensure that the City’s employee and labor relations practices are consistent, equitable, and align with our core organizational values. You will work with labor representatives of the City’s three (3) bargaining groups that include: Gresham Police Officers Association (GPOA), IAFF Local 1062 and Teamsters Local 223.
The E&LR Manager will serve as a City bargaining representative at the negotiations table, advise on, assist with and/or handle grievances and arbitrations and advise and train City management on compliance with union contracts, employment policies and laws. The E&LR Manager will also conduct and/or assist managers in conducting performance investigations that comply with just cause and other workplace investigations. There will be opportunities to collaborate with department supervisors and Senior HR Analysts on best approaches to address employee or team performance and assist with workplace conflict resolutions. You may manage or conduct investigations of City policies and procedures including complaints of EEO issues, fraud or misconduct and implement remedial action to address issues or contribute recommendations to improve workplace culture and foster equitable policies at the City.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) to six (6) years of human resources experience that includes experience in administering and bargaining union contracts and conducting complex workplace investigations. Experience in the public sector is highly desirable.
- Has proven expertise as a policy and contract manager, negotiator, and consultant in employee and labor relations matters
- Has prior experience conducting complex workplace investigations
- Has prior experience or exposure to one or more human resources functions such as recruitment and retention, classification and compensation, benefits and leave, or learning and development, and embraces collaborating with peer colleagues in each of these areas
Additional education and/or experience may substitute to reach the equivalency of 7-10 years of qualifying education, training, and/or experience.
- Advanced training in workplace investigation such as Association of Workplace Investigators (AWI), NPELRA Investigations Academy, SHRM Workplace Investigations Specialty Credential, and/or applied experience as a workplace investigator.
- Certified Labor Relations Professional (CLRP) certification or participation in the National PELRA Labor Relations Academy Program
- A commitment to value diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and in the workforce; identify barriers to equality and cultivate work environments that further City values of equity and belonging.
For full job description and to apply, visit: https://GreshamOregon.gov/jobs
- Address 1333 NW Eastman Pkwy