Central City Concern is hiring an Employee and Labor Relations Specialist to join our team!
The Employee and Labor Relations Specialist uses professional methodologies and best practices to provide direct support to employees and managers in handling employee relations matters that may include coaching, educating, and guiding employees and managers through informal and formal processes involving performance management, progressive discipline, dispute resolution, grievance processing, effective communication, and workplace interventions.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Assists management with performance concerns, disciplinary action and conflict management issues and consults on possible actions to be taken.
2. Examines the source of problems between employees and/or employees and management.
3. Responds to employee complaints and conduct formal investigations including reviewing documentation, developing interview questions, interviewing employees and preparing any follow-up memos, summaries or letters documenting the investigation
4. Coaches’ employees on various HR topics such as performance management, progressive discipline, anti-harassment, etc.
5. Attends and helps facilitate disciplinary and separation meetings.
6. Prepares communications and documentation on performance and disciplinary actions as necessary.
7. Draft’s separation agreements and coaches and/or supports management on delivering agreements.
8. Provides technical hotline support for all employee relations matters.
9. Conducts strategic/escalated exit interviews.
10. Monitor work queues appropriately and prioritize cases as required. Manage extensive phone, email, and case management communications with employees.
11. Maintain information/documentation in case management system to track and ensure accurate and timely case management.
12. Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to CCC policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. Support compliance with all privacy and security requirements pursuant to community partners’ and outside providers’ patient confidentiality agreements, including privacy and security requirements for EMR access. This includes immediate reporting of any PHI breach of CCC or outside provider health records to the CCC Legal and Quality departments, as well as to the program administrator.
13. Performs other duties as assigned, including participating in other activities, projects and growth initiatives within the Compliance or Employee Services area.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to persuade others and to adjust communication style to suit the audience to effectively communicate with people in all levels of the organization.
2. Strong knowledge of federal and state labor laws and regulations.
3. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
4. Comfortable communicating with and supporting employees at all levels of the organization.
5. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers and HR teams.
6. Handle confidential, sensitive, and personal information appropriately.
7. Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations and maintain confidential and highly sensitive information.
8. Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint) required Ability to work independently.
9. Work independently to analyze data and provide management with constructive recommendations.
10. Demonstrated experience in successfully handling a high volume of employee relations activity using application of professional experience, employment law, and organizational practices and procedures.
11. Demonstrated ability to manage time, prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and follow through with service to customers is required.
1. High school diploma or completion of G.E.D. Human Resource Management degree or certificate preferred.
2. Minimum three (3) years of HR experience, preferably in various HR disciplines.
3. Previous managerial experience preferred.
4. Experience with Employee Relations tracking software.
5. One (1) year or more experience in high volume, complex case management required.
6. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
7. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
8. Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training and annual recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
9. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
10. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
11. Ability to climb stairs several times a day.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan.
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
Central City Concern values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.
- Address 232 NW 6th Ave