When you join Kaiser Permanente, you’ll be part of an organization dedicated to total health. At every level and in every department, it’s what we stand for. By using your innovation and your creativity, you can play a role in the health of communities across town and around the country by serving 12.5 million of our members. No matter your background, your ideas can help drive a health care pioneer. You can play a role in the future of health.
Employee Relations/Labor Relations Consultant IV ER/LR
This Employee Relations position also performs labor relations job duties as appropriate. These additional job duties may include, but are not limited to, the following: Conducting KP labor relations activities by preparing information for management to utilize during the collective bargaining process; collecting information on industrial labor relations programs to ensure compliance with the unions negotiated contract; providing information for resolve disputes or grievances between employees and management; researching labor policies; processing complaints from unionized employees; participating in arbitration processes as appropriate; developing new or revised union contracts; compiling labor statistical information; and maintaining records of wage and salary surveys or correspondence.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Conducts moderately complex to complex EEO and other HR investigations by collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data; conducting interviews; making recommendations based on investigation findings; researching key business issues; identifying potential action steps; fully documenting investigation findings; providing updates to HR and business leadership; and providing input for the creation of corrective action plans for substantiated allegations.
- Supports and conducts reporting of Company employee information by collecting/organizing data and conducting analyses; completing, reviewing, and interpreting reports; influencing the development of database technologies to track key data (e.g., case management, investigation status); and identifying needs for new report templates or designs.
- Conducts employee relations training and assistance activities under the supervision of more senior employees by advising employees and management on policies, procedures, and documentation; providing needs assessments to inform training objectives; and partnering on the development and delivery of formal education and training.
- Supports ensuring regulatory compliance by monitoring regulatory changes; conducting analysis on regulatory impacts; reporting and escalating non-compliance as appropriate; raising issues and concerns; acting on advising on regulatory updates; and supporting the implementation of designated changes.
- Provides consulting to business line stakeholders on Human Resources policies, processes, procedures, laws and regulations by advising employees and management on policies, procedures, and documentation; researching and identifying concerns; coordinating problem resolution; staying abreast of and interpreting policies and regulations; providing input to the development of policies in partnership with cross-functional leadership; guiding managers on employee management, discipline, and terminations; and working with Legal to resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Social/Behavioral Science, Education, Public Administration, Liberal Arts, or related field and Minimum five (5) years experience in HR consulting, including at least 3 years in employee and/or labor relations. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- One (1) year experience working in a unionized environment.
- Three (3) years’ experience working cross-functionally across departments, functions, or business lines.
- Human Resources Professional Certification (SHRM-CP or PHR) or other accredited HR certification.
- Senior Human Resources Professional Certification (SHRM-SCP or SPHR).
- One (1) year experience consulting senior leaders or executives.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Four (4) years’ experience conducting EEO and/or other HR investigations.
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 1076687.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers