Who is XeniumHR?
XeniumHR is an HR & Employer Services company based in Tualatin, Oregon. Our teams of HR, Payroll, and Benefit professionals support small and medium sized employers that have limited or no internal HR resources, as well as those with internal HR staff who can benefit from our expertise and training.
Why People Join and Stay at XeniumHR?
- We have a reputation for being a company committed to developing meaningful relationships and helping organizations and their employees thrive — but we are equally invested in the development of our own people. As a XeniumHR colleague, you can look forward to a stimulating career with many opportunities to learn, grow and advance.
- We strive to make XeniumHR the employer of choice for the best and brightest diverse talent, fostering an inclusive work environment where employees from varied backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities, genders can succeed. Learn more about XeniumHR’s culture here.
- Our people are our business — that’s one of the reasons we value our colleagues’ personal learning and improvement so highly. We also want colleagues to see XeniumHR as a place where they can develop their skills and plan their long-term career. That’s why we offer many opportunities for professional development, including opportunities to collaborate and learn from other colleagues, online and in-person seminars, courses, certification programs and book groups.
- We are proud to offer a comprehensive recognition and rewards programs designed with our colleagues’ health, wealth and well-being in mind. Rewards include competitive salary and total compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits, retirement savings plan with employer match, life insurance and disability plans, paid leave and holidays, before-tax spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, spot bonuses and wellness programs.
XeniumHR is seeking a full time, Employee Relations Specialist to collaborate with our team at the Tualatin headquarters. Due to COVID precautions, this position is currently a remote/hybrid work arrangement.
The Employee Relations Specialist is a liaison between the client and employee, overseeing and resolving employee relations concerns. This involves receiving and effectively handling employee complaints, escalating these complaints to the level of disciplinary or legal action as necessary, advising and coaching managers and employees on company policy and/or law, assisting in managing performance and conduct concerns, responding to policy violations, and mediating to resolve conflict in the workplace. This position works in close collaboration with the HR Business Partner and other internal team members in supporting client needs.
Essential Functions of the Employee Relations Specialist position:
- Assists management with performance concerns, disciplinary action and conflict management issues and consults on possible actions to be taken
- Examines the source of problems between employees and/or employees and management
- Responds to employee complaints and conduct formal investigations including reviewing documentation, developing interview questions, interviewing employees and preparing any follow-up memos, summaries or letters documenting the investigation
- Coaches’ employees and management on various HR topics such as performance management, progressive discipline, anti-harassment, etc.
- Provides Leave of Absence and ADA Consultation providing best practice recommendations
- Leads interactive ADA process and guides through resolution
- Ensures compliance of company policy, governmental rules and law, regulations and procedures as applicable
- Attends and helps facilitate disciplinary and separation meetings
- Prepares communications and documentation on performance and disciplinary actions as necessary
- Draft’s separation agreements and coaches and/or supports management on delivering agreements
- Provides technical hotline support for all employee relations matters
- Conducts strategic/escalated exit interviews
What are the requirements for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 5+ years’ proven experience in handling employee relations
- SHRM and/or HRCI certification, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Solid Investigation and Coaching experience, Certification Preferred
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Expert knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action requirements
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Reliable transportation and occasional local travel to meet client needs
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish a plus
- Commitment to advancing racial equity, and diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in the workplace
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work independently
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. XeniumHR is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion and offering a learning and team-focused environment.
- Address 7401 SW Washo Court, Suite 200