Please Refer to Req #22-168
For over 100 years, we’ve manufactured innovative, battle-proven optics products for the world’s most relentless hunters, shooters, law enforcement and military professionals. We design, build and test our best-in-class products with a single minded focus – to make sure they’ll perform forever.
At Leupold and Stevens we’re American to the Core and passionate about what we do. Product excellence and uncompromising quality are our top priorities. We’ve built a collaborative, high performance culture where team players with innovative ideas and a sense of urgency thrive.
Our benefits package is amazing:
- affordable health and dental insurance
- a strong commitment to training and professional development including an internal skills development program for all manufacturing team members
- a generous tuition reimbursement program
- company contributions up to 8% of base pay into a 401K retirement account
- profit sharing
- and great product discounts (to name a few)
What You’ll Be Doing as a Human Resources Employee Relations Specialist:
Leads the organizations people relations and performance programs and processes focusing on maximizing people and company performance. Participates in development of overall Human Resource strategies and responsible for execution of tactics aligned with people relations and performance.
- Consults with all levels of management on a wide range of Human Resource issues and initiatives in support of Company objectives.
- Manages Continuous Feedback System process. Educates, provides guidance, and promotes the use of appropriate tools for delivering feedback. Partners with leaders to monitor, coach and advise on all performance management issues. Provides day to day guidance to leaders, including coaching, counseling, and career development.
- Proactively identifies potential employee relations issues and provides advice and counsel to team members and managers, applying collaborative problem solving and conflict management strategies.
- Leads employee relations interventions, partnering with leadership on escalated issues as the need arises.
- Develops, maintains, and ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to improve programs and processes.
- Acts as a facilitator and liaison to ensures compliance under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Provides guidance and direction on FMLA and OFLA leave issues.
- Oversees compliance reporting activities and provides guidance on escalated compliance issues related to regulatory issues and laws.
- Mentors others on the Human Resource team on best practices regarding people relations and performance management.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience You’ll Need as a Human Resources Employee Relations Specialist:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Human Resource Management, or a related field. 7-10+ years of progressive experience in a human resources function. Experience working proactively and positively with employees at all levels across the organization on effectively improving performance. Advanced degree or professional certification preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment ideal.
- Thorough knowledge of human resources concepts and principles, and experience in developing, planning, and executing human resources programs.
- Demonstrated ability to use a practical, business-oriented approach to ensure compliance with HR specific federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business issues and to partner with management in developing creative HR strategies and solutions.
- Ability to partner with team members at all levels to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Excellent leadership, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively define and provide solutions on challenges that aren’t black and white, but rather gray.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and functions to achieve outcomes that support business objectives.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Work Environment for a Human Resources Employee Relations Specialist:
Duties performed in a combination of office and manufacturing environments. Ability to be accessible during non-office hours for emergency situations.
For details on positions and to apply, go to:
Leupold & Stevens, Inc.
14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway
Beaverton, Oregon 97006
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. A core business objective at Leupold & Stevens is to maintain a workplace in which each employee can achieve their full potential. The company was founded on the principle of giving customers and our team members ‘A Square Deal’; to us, this means advocating for the employment opportunities and advancements of all individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We resolutely believe all aspects and privileges of employment should be determined by skills and behaviors, not personal identities.
* With our commitment to make our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities, we will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for an individual applicant to participate in the job application process. To request an accommodation to the application process, please send an email to HRDept@Leupold.com or call (503) 646-9171 and a Leupold & Stevens representative will contact you.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is a drug free workplace. All final candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. complies with all applicable FAR & DFAR regulations.
* We hire U.S. citizens and persons lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. All new employees must complete an INS Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9). Positions may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Leupold & Stevens, Inc.’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Address 14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway, Beaverton, OR 97006