Portland State University is Oregon’s most affordable public research university, located in the heart of one of America’s most dynamic cities. Our mission to “let knowledge serve the city” reflects our dedication to turning ideas into action — in Portland and around the world. The city is our campus, giving students unmatched access to career connections, a vibrant cultural scene and hands-on learning experiences with hundreds of community partners.
More than 27,000 students from all backgrounds bring diverse perspectives to our classrooms and campus life, from the tree-lined Park Blocks to the bustling Urban Plaza and state-of-the-art science labs. We are proud of our world-class faculty, groundbreaking research and international reputation for excellence in sustainability, community engagement and innovation.
For information about the Office of Human Resources, please go to this link: https://www.pdx.edu/human-resources/
The Employment Coordinator plays a critical role on the Employment Team and works closely with the campus HR Partners. This position will have the primary responsibilities of entering, maintaining, and auditing employment related data in the Banner HRIS system; conducting criminal background checks; posting positions to job sites; running employment reports; and assisting with process automation. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to start their career in human resources!
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related work experience with a preference for experience in HR
- Demonstrated ability to perform heavy data entry accurately
- Exceptional attention to detail and customer service skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, and information systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills including active listening, deductive reasoning, and results-oriented problem-solving
- Versatile multi-tasking abilities and exceptional time management skills
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Proficient in basic math calculations and principles
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proven ability to innovate/streamline processes