Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential.
We’re seeking an Executive Assistant & Corporate Secretary to support our CEO and act as the Office Manager of our agency headquarters, Kerr Administrative Center (KAC). As our Executive Assistant & Corporate Secretary, you’ll also provide support to our Board Chair, Board of Directors, and Foundation Trustees. This is primarily an in-person position based at Kerr Administrative Center, located on the central eastside of Portland.
If you’re an experienced senior administrative or executive assistant looking for a meaningful career at a large, non-profit organization, this is the perfect opportunity to support Kerr in continuing our mission of empowering the community’s most vulnerable citizens.
All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to beginning work.
- Provides primary administrative support for the CEO. Communicates and collaborates with CEO. Manages schedules. Represents the executive office with professionalism and completes other administrative tasks.
- Provides administrative support for the Board of Directors and Foundation Trustees, and Board Committees. Responsible for direct administrative support to the Board Chair. Builds positive relationships with members. Supports Board meetings, schedules, goals, and tasks.
- Acts as the Office Manager. Oversees building maintenance and security issues. Orients new employees to building resources and office protocols. Manages budgetary and purchasing responsibilities.
- Supervises the Administrative Assistant. Ensures effective inventory management, greeting and handling visitors, and other administrative tasks.
- Works closely with Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members. Supports leadership meetings. Facilitates members’ time and communications with CEO. Provides other support for SLT as needed.
- Completes special projects such as strategic planning, special events, and retreats.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Seven to ten years of related experience as a senior administrative or executive assistant.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability to take and transcribe accurate meeting minutes.
- Strong customer service, project management, and organization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make complex decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet agency driving requirements and have reliable transportation to attend meetings.
- Able to lift 25 pounds.
- Address 424 NE 22nd Ave. Portland, OR 97232