We are seeking an experienced Executive Assistant (EA) for Customer Operations to provide support in a one-on-one working relationship with the Vice President (VP) of Customer Operations and acts as a business partner to assist with operational aspects of the company. The EA represents the VP internally and externally, acting as a liaison between the VP and other executives, team members, vendors, and clients. The EA monitors and advises on issues taking place in the work environment and keeps the VP updated as needed. The EA develops meeting materials and presentations, conducts research and analysis, and tracks and reports on a variety of business initiatives and deliverables. The EA takes on special projects and assignments at the discretion of the VP.
You would be right for this role if you:
- Do you take pride in being a trusted bridge of communication between your manager, internal departments, and external vendors and clients?
- Do you enjoy managing projects and initiatives and putting your analytical skills to use?
- Can you apply your “organizational intelligence” when building systems and tools to manage complex processes?
- Do you delight in bringing organization, accuracy, and process improvement to your work?
- Are you proud to wear the badge of “Proxy” and motivated to represent your manager with excellence?
- Are you a life-long learner who feels shared success is the ultimate success?
This is a full-time, exempt position, and is based out of our Portland, OR headquarters. Due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, we are currently working remotely, and will ensure you have the necessary equipment for a home office workstation. Cascade is a strong supporter of flexible working arrangements, and all employees have the option to choose a hybrid work arrangement combining work from home and work in the office.
As a part of our team, the most important qualifications are shared values, a customer-centric approach, and an aptitude for learning. Additional qualifications that are a great fit for this position include:
- Professional and discrete, with a commitment to maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills, and the ability to be flexible towards outcomes
- A high degree of business acumen, and the ability to influence others on behalf of the executive
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities
- Proactive, self-motivated, and self-directed, with the ability to take initiative and work independently
- Desire to continuously improve and learn
- Excellent interpersonal and group leadership skills
- High proficiency with MS Office suite, including very strong Excel skills, and PowerPoint skills as needed to support internal presentations
- Strong familiarity with SharePoint Online, including web parts, site building, and higher level functionality (or the willingness to learn and become a high level user)
- Familiarity with reporting and functions of Deltek Ajera, our project management and accounting software platform (or the willingness to learn it)
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Associates degree in a relevant field, such as Business Administration or Social Sciences
- Strongly Preferred
- Industry-specific experience related to administrative and/or project management work
- Familiarity with the energy efficiency industry, including utility programs, industrial clients, and Demand Side Management programs
Can you see yourself thriving in a role with the following responsibilities?
- Completing projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation and input from others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and ensuring continuous improvement
- Managing projects, including conducting research and analysis, creating and utilizing spreadsheets, databases and other software to track and report on a variety of quantitative information and write executive summaries
- Contributing insights that aid in decision making and policy setting
- Acting as proxy for the VP, representing them in meetings and communications
- Organizing and coordinating various types of outreach related to both internal and external customer relations efforts
- Planning, coordinating, and ensuring the VP’s schedule is followed and respected, with a moderate “gateway” role
- Researching, prioritizing, and following up on issues and concerns addressed to the VP, including those of a confidential nature, and recommending appropriate course of action, referral, or response, as needed
- Providing a bridge for smooth communication between the VP and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support
- Prioritizing conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously and proactively; and following-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadlines
- Responding to frequent requests for information
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Cascade Energy, founded in 1993, specializes in industrial energy efficiency. Today, we are a team of 200 and our work reaches throughout the Pacific Northwest and across North America, with clients ranging in size from small up to Fortune 500 companies. We are proud of our reputation and our high-quality work. We foster and value a culture of equals, initiative, and ownership. Contribution in all areas is encouraged. Cascade has offices in Portland, OR; Eugene, OR; Issaquah, WA; Walla Walla, WA; Pleasant Grove, UT; Meridian, ID; Park Ridge, IL; Pleasanton, CA; and San Diego, CA.
At Cascade Energy, we believe in better. We come to work every day with a drive for continuous improvement and we dedicate ourselves to making industrial energy efficiency happen in measurable and sustained ways. We offer energy efficiency program design and implementation, energy efficiency engineering, energy management services and software, and hands-on training and coaching.
Our teams are a reflection of our company values, which are: do the right thing; put others first; seek shared success; learn constantly; and be industrious.
You’ll likely find this opportunity attractive if you love to learn new things, have a growth mindset, and want to join a team that collectively learns from our mistakes, laughs at ourselves or a situation, all while moving towards “better”.
Compensation & Benefits
Our total rewards include competitive pay and excellent benefits. These include health (90% paid for team member, 80% paid for dependents), vision, FSA or HSA options with an employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401k retirement plan with both a guaranteed 3% contribution and a profit sharing contribution, annual cash performance bonus, (8) paid holidays per year, paid vacation time, and paid sick time.
Cascade promotes a healthy work-life balance and appreciates employee contribution in all areas. We walk the talk about our commitment to learning constantly, with a focus on the ongoing development of every team member, and a tuition reimbursement program.
Please submit a current resume (PDF please) by visiting our Careers page. We would also appreciate your cover letter (PDF) describing what about our team or the position resonates with, and how your experience could make you a great fit for the role. If you submit your cover letter please combine it with your resume in one PDF document.
- Please, no phone calls.
- Please, no outside recruiters or agencies.
- Cascade Energy is not able to provide sponsorship for work authorization in the U.S.
- Address 123 NE 3rd Avenue, Suite 400