This position is responsible for the design and delivery of compensation and benefits programs for Medical Teams International. This includes development of an overall compensation and benefits philosophy, conducting regular review and analysis and driving the organization towards change based on findings and recommendations.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Lead in the development of a global Compensation & Benefits philosophy, with support of Global HR Director
- Conduct comprehensive reviews of compensation and benefit programs, including business case development and cost benefit analysis, to ensure alignment to global Compensation & Benefits philosophy and that Medical Teams is competitively positioned within the local and international labor markets in which we work
- Manages participation in relevant global and local salary surveys, conducting analysis and preparing recommendations for salary program changes
- Support Medical Teams International in legal compliance for compensation and benefits
- Manage the annual merit review cycle including analytics and recommendations
- Determine a job evaluation mechanism for the organization and develop an implementation plan for all locations. Lead on the ongoing delivery and maintenance of the job evaluation management program.
- Support in the capacity building of job evaluation committees established globally in being able to self-sufficiently operate, providing ongoing support and consistency checks
- Develop job families applicable for all Medical Teams’ locations to support consistent approach and common use of titling.
- In conjunction with the Leadership Development function of HR, ensure the job families are consistent with the career pathing options in the organization.
- Lead the engagement and negotiations with benefit plan consultants, vendors, brokers and legal advisors regarding benefit policies, eligibility and enrollment procedures. Provide strategic recommendations regarding cost containment and retention value to increase Medical Teams’ return on investment in employee benefits.
- Develop minimum standards for health and welfare across the organization.
- Support country offices in the analysis and implementation of their reward/incentive and benefit programs, in alignment with global philosophy and minimum standards.
- Develop training resources to increase our compensation and benefits skill set across the global HR function in Medical Teams International.
- Develops and documents procedures and processes, serving as key contributor to continuous improvement efforts across the organization.
- Utilize volunteers whenever possible.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams’ Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection, and Harassment-Free Workplace policies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in development of global compensation and benefits strategies.
- Experience managing annual salary reviews.
- Designed or co-designed international compensation and benefits philosophy.
- Experience in conducting salary and benefits surveys and bench-marking.
- Has managed job evaluation committees.
- Experience designing minimum standards for compensation and benefits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Employment law knowledge, to include relevant federal, state, and local regulations to benefit programs.
- Skilled in Project management.
- Intermediate skills with Excel in order to manage large quantities of data, working with pivot tables, if formulas, and vlookups.
- Communication skills, in both writing and speaking, for clarity of thought and conveying a recommendation.
- Interpersonal and influence skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to embrace and promote MTI’s mission and vision.
- Ability to uphold and exemplify the organization’s core values.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to vendors, volunteers, and the public
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Moderately skilled with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook email, and Calendaring.
- Moderately skilled with Intranet, Internet, and Skype for Business.
- Address 14150 SW Milton Ct Tigard, OR 97224