The Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality, culturally appropriate healthcare to low-income residents of Washington and Yamhill Counties, with a special emphasis on seasonal and migrant farm-workers and others with barriers receiving health-care. With 19 locations throughout Oregon, our goal is to provide integrated care including primary care, low-cost pharmacy, dental, behavioral and mental health services.
Working at Virginia Garcia means experiencing the fulfillment that comes from providing care to people needing it most. Every patient has a story, and to be a part of the care they receive is rewarding. For many patients, Virginia Garcia is the first place they go to receive care after finally gaining access to coverage following years of being uninsured. For others, Virginia Garcia is a safe place where they have access to culturally-appropriate care spoken in a language they understand.
The Health & Safety Program Manager plays an integral role within Virginia Garcia. Duties include Program Management; working with Dental and Medical leaders to develop and implement policies and procedures, working with Human Resources to set up and maintain complete and up to date Employee Health Records, working with OSHA, Overseeing the Safety Committee in accordance with Oregon and Federal OSHA regulations, manage exposure control including vaccination requirements and maintenance of vaccination records. Prepare and maintain policies and procedures to reduce the spread of infection from diseases such as HIV, hepatitis B, flu, measles, TB, chickenpox and meningococcal infection; over see post exposure protocol (blood borne pathogen exposure), assist Clinic leadership training, oversee Bio-hazardous Waste storage, transport and disposal. Conduct annual review of exposure events (including respiratory exposures), and report trends and evidenced-based recommendations to senior leaders, lead accident/incident investigation, manage emergency preparedness policies and plans, manage return-to-work process with employees, managers and HR, including ergonomics or other assessments of work environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Substantial training in and knowledge of OSHA standards, rules and regulations required.
- Strong training background including experience with a variety of adult learning methods, preferred.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of employee accident investigations required.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- English proficiency, a must; bilingual in English/Spanish, preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, safe driving record and insurance coverage required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in health, science, industrial or occupational health, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Medical certification and/or training preferred.
- Experience working in organizational and occupational health and safety, including worker compensation programs and reporting, strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in a health care setting strongly preferred.
Virginia Garcia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or physical challenges. The policy applies not only to recruitment and hiring practices, but also includes affirmative action in the area of placement, promotion, transfer, rate of pay and termination.
For full details and to apply, visit www.virginiagarcia.org/careers