Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client in Portland to identify a contract to hire HR & Recruiting Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering all facets of successful recruitment efforts for both corporate and technician roles. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience recruiting and hiring candidates through various sourcing platforms.
Responsibilities at a glance
- In partnership with hiring managers, develop an accurate job description and the overall recruitment strategy for the position.
- Write and place effective job advertisements and coordinate notifying agencies and advertising mediums on job postings, ensuring compliance in accordance with EEO/Affirmative Action Plan guidelines and company policy.
- Conduct initial interviews via phone or in person to ensure candidate qualifications, both technical and interpersonal. Coordinate interviews between hiring manager and viable candidates. Conduct references on candidates identified for positions, documenting and providing that to Human Resources. Notify non-selected candidates of their disposition.
- Maintains thorough records of all job openings, applicant information, job postings, internal applicants, including assigning disposition of each candidate in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), etc.
- Maintains high levels of communication with internal and external customers/candidates.
- Hands-on experience with sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and creating search strings)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in recruiting or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Must have the ability to develop successful relationships with hiring managers while acting in a consultative role
- Must be organized and detail oriented with ability to use sound independent judgment in resolving issues
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Positively represent the organization in a professional manner both internally and externally