Action Employment is celebrating our 20th year of service in the Staffing Industry and is seeking a warm, even-keeled professional admin to support the Action President and Talent Manager. This is the perfect opportunity for strong administrator seeking a dynamic, fast-paced position where they can juggle a variety of tasks! This role performs a diverse variety of functions, and can evolve/grow overtime to meet the motivators of the selected candidate and the needs of Action Employment; current responsibilities include duties related to HR, Accounting, Project Coordination and Staffing. Our warm and welcoming office is conveniently located in downtown Portland, near multiple bus lines, trains, parking and bike routes. We offer access to a full-gym, private conference rooms, on-site locker room, and safe bike storage. Starbucks coffee and breakfast is provided each morning, in addition to a kitchen stocked with healthy snacks, LaCroix and other treats.
This is a full-time, direct hire position, with full health, vision and life insurance, quarterly bonuses and scheduled raises. Standard hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, with an hour lunch. However, depending on business needs and the chosen candidate, flexible/remote days may become available.
Your background and skillset:
- Degree from a 4-year college, and/or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 3+ years of experience in a professional office environment, performing high-impact, progressive administrative functions
- Experience with scheduling and other customer-facing duties
- Highly organized, focused and detail-oriented
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Ability to pick up software quickly
- Warm, friendly, and calm demeanor
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
We are seeking a confident, outgoing, experienced support professional who is excited about seeing their impact, while working directly with the firm’s President. The right candidate will be relationship-oriented, and looking for a long-term work home in a competitive industry.
What you would be doing :
Your primary responsibilities will include;
- Performing front-desk duties, including greeting clients, guests and candidates
- Answering multi-line phone system
- Entering candidates in our CRM System
- Managing timecard and payroll process
- Scheduling interviews and other meetings for Action President
- Writing and posting creative and effective job ads for new positions
- Managing regular correspondence with active candidates
- Managing AR and other light accounting functions– we will train!
- Collaborating with the President on miscellaneous projects
- Keeping the entire office clean and tidy
- Performing other administrative tasks, as assigned