Our client, a local family-owned retailer, is looking for an HR Assistant in their Portland, OR office. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity with our client. A great entry level role for someone looking to jump start, or explore, a career in Human Resources
Working closely with the HR Manager, the HR Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of HR related tasks.
What you will do:
- Onboarding new hires
- Input information into the HRIS
- Assist with benefits related administration
- Post job ads
- Perform employment verifications
- Serve as back up payroll
- Very strong computer skills and experience using MS Outlook, Word, and Excel, especially Excel
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and committed to analytical and critical thinking.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to keep information in strict confidence.
- Fluency in English (written & verbal).
- Ability to work positively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- HR/Benefits/Payroll knowledge a plus
- Experience with HRIS system
What you will get:
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision.
- 401k Plan with company match
- Flex Spending Plan
- Supplementary AFLAC plans available
- Vacation and paid sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer sponsored long term disability, life insurance and accidental death coverage
- Employee Purchase discounts and Vendor discounts
Schedule is M-F 8am to 5pm
To apply for this job, please go to: redzonehr.hiringthing.com/job/120326/hr-assistant