How To Apply: Please visit www.pps.net/jobs and use job number 24534 to access the full job description and apply.
Salary: $67,645 – $80,771 per year.
**Hybrid Work Schedule**
Who We Are:
Portland Public Schools (PPS), founded in 1851, is a PK-12 urban school district in Portland, OR. With more than 49,000 students in 81 schools, we are one of the largest school districts in the Pacific Northwest. We provide rigorous, high-quality academic learning experiences that are inclusive and joyful! We are actively seeking an HR Associate II for our Staffing Department.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate and perform complete recruitment processes involving advertising, screening, selection, salary placement, and on-boarding of new hires; counsel prospective candidates regarding employment opportunities with the district; answer inquiries concerning hiring procedures, salary and benefit questions and other human resources issues.
- Provide technical human resources expertise to district and site administrators, managers, supervisors and staff regarding staffing and recruitment matters.
- Prepare a variety of reports on recruitment and selection activities, including those to meet Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Bureau of Labor and Industries, and other District, local, state and federal employment requirements.
- Assure employees and candidates have mandated licensures and credentials.
- Interpret and explain rules, regulations, policies, procedures, unit contracts, and fringe benefits, and assist in solving unique problems of district employees, management, and the public.
With the District’s focus on eliminating systemic racism and its adverse impact on student learning, we seek to hire individuals who bring to our district a deep commitment to racial equity and social justice.
To learn more about Portland Public Schools, please check out our profile at https://www.themuse.com/profiles/portlandpublicschools.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, public administration, psychology, sociology, law, or a related field.
- Directly related experience performing the full scope and life-cycle of employment staffing activities may substitute for the required Bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience staffing in a K-12 public school district, or public agency is highly desirable.
- 2 years of experience in full life-cycle staffing and recruitment activities in a high volume, quick turnaround environment.
- Any other combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities may be considered.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or notice of exception at the time of hire.
- Address Portland, Oregon 97227