“Great vision without great people is irrelevant.” – Jim Collins
LifeWorks NW has over 60 years of experience providing holistic mental health & addiction services for all ages throughout the Portland metro area. We are a private, non-profit organization serving over 30,000 youth, adults and older adults annually. We know that “life works” when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives. Are you a great person and HR Professional, passionate about building relationships? We have a place for you on our HR team.
The HR Business Partner acts as both business partner and coach to managers on a broad range of human resource issues. Advise managers on issues related to employee performance. Working closely with VP for Human Resources & Organization Development, assist with development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures, and ensuring the organization remains in compliance with employment related state and federal laws regulations. Collaborate with managers to raise employee engagement.
This position is based out of LifeWorks NW’s Sylvan site (SW Portland area/near Oregon Zoo).
- 3-5 years of recent professional human resources experience at the senior level, which includes broad generalist experience in the development and delivery of comprehensive human resources services with at least two years of experience conducting employee relations activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Human/Social Services, or a related field. (Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.)
- Previous experience in a not-for-profit, social service and/or health care environment preferred.
- HR professional certification desired.
- Effective communication skills and ability to provide culturally competent communication and service to a diverse staff.
- Proficient in use of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), and Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to pass a DHS background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09
- Address 5415 SW Westgate Dr., Portland, OR 97221