Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. CCC values and celebrates diversity and we hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
Central City Concern is hiring an HR Partner to join our team!
As an HR Partner for CCC you will challenge traditional HR systems and work with us in our relentless pursuit of true diversity and inclusion. You will support the business through leadership, consultation, employee development, labor relations, investigations, and compliance. Daily problem solving, managing organizational change and development, and impacting social justice outcomes are a just few drivers of the work an HR Partner leads.
- Act as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in assigned departments. Ensure high-quality, consistent, and legally compliant HR support by resolving inquiries or directing to the appropriate HR team member. This requires regular travel to various CCC locations with consistent office hours at these sites.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Respond to employee complaints and requests for support in a timely manner.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to members of management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or a related field or an equivalent
combination of relevant skills and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years working in a management-level HR position required.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation
practices, organizational development, employee and union relations, diversity,
performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Advanced knowledge of employment and labor laws required.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)