Excellent opportunity to join our expanding HR Team!
The HR Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on role responsible for engaging in human resources management activities to support assigned departments; while facilitating alignment between department objectives, management needs, and employee engagement. The HR Business Partner maintains thorough knowledge of assigned department operations, performance goals and metrics, workforce challenges, and unique culture to provide effective guidance to management on people decisions and processes that utilize current and innovative strategies.
- Act as a point of contact for the employees and managers in assigned departments for HR support. Ensure high-quality, consistent, and legally compliant service by resolving inquiries or directing to the appropriate HR team member if needed. The HR Business Partner maintains professional-level functional understanding of the main areas of HR at TVC (employee relations, employment law, compensation, benefits, recruiting, and talent development).
- Build thorough knowledge of Vancouver Clinic operations, performance goals and metrics, legal and regulatory landscape, workforce challenges, and unique culture to provide effective guidance to people decisions and processes.
- Maintain regular office hours at Vancouver Clinic sites to provide in-person support and encourage employee and management engagement with HR.
- Consult with leaders to understand the factors driving financial performance of the business unit. Proactively identify issues that may have underlying people implications and suggest solutions for change and business or financial impact.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Respond to employee complaints and requests for support in a timely manner.
- Conduct objective and thorough workplace investigations and take appropriate corrective actions according to TVC polices, maintaining thorough documentation of all investigations and actions.
- In partnership with Medical Affairs, IS, and Compliance, conduct HIPAA Incident Investigations related to staff members and quarterly reporting of HIPAA breaches.
- Partner with HR Leadership team to develop and implement Employee Engagement initiatives.
- Partner with Talent Development to identify, develop, and deliver training and development in support of HR and organizational needs.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and engagement, increase productivity, and increase retention.
- Provide mediation to staff experiencing workplace conflict.
- Act as a positive, collaborative, and solution-focused member of the HR team.
- Cross-train and provide back up to other areas of HR when needed.
- Assist in improving all HR processes through recommendations, research, and implementation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong presentation skill in front of large audiences.
- Must be organized with the ability to maintain excellent records.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to efficiently prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Must be a collaborative team player with great initiative.
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of professionalism, solid judgment, poise, maturity, personal integrity, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate conflict and model behaviors that support diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to build and maintain successful and supportive relationships regardless of a person’s race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, cultural background, national origin, or any other component of diversity.
- Excellent ability to maintain composure and effectiveness in a fast paced environment while maintaining accuracy and a positive disposition.
- Possess analytical aptitude and display critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Must have reliable and predictable attendance with the ability to provide direct service during business hours.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or an equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of 5 years’ of exempt-level HR experience required.
Please apply at apply online at tvc.org
Access great benefits! Vancouver Clinic offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. We cover 100 percent of the premium costs for basic medical and dental plans for full-time employees. We also offer life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Our state-of-the-art clinics are located throughout Southwest Washington, allowing our staff to work locally and be a part of this strong and vibrant community.
- Address 13898 NE 28th Street Vancouver WA