XeniumHR is seeking a full time, Human Resource Business Partner to collaborate with our team at the Tualatin headquarters.
The Human Resource Business Partner is responsible for account management and execution of HR service deliverables for designated PEO, ASO and HR Select client accounts. HR and Account Management responsibilities involved local travel be to various client locations.
Essential Functions of the Human Resource Business Partner position:
- Serves as account manager for designated PEO, ASO and HR Select client accounts. Ensures HR service activities are in alignment with Xenium’s value proposition for each client account.
- Leads HR project calendar for designated accounts and initiates proactive HR strategy planning for clients on an ongoing basis.
- Manages and implements HR project deliverables with the assistance of the HR Support Team to include the following: Employee Handbooks, Job Descriptions, HR Audits, Employee Satisfaction Surveys, Wage Surveys, Performance Management and Compensation Programs.
- Conducts HR supervisory training for managers and employees.
- Supports in conjunction with Employee Relations Specialists, with employee relations matters and investigations into workplace complaints and leads in problem resolution including participation in employee counseling and termination meetings on-site as appropriate.
- Oversees Xenium on-site employees for designated client accounts.
- Within our time tracking platform, inputs timely and accurate client information and tracks all client service activities performed.
- Troubleshoots and responds to escalated client service concerns with payroll and benefits.
- Conducts open enrollment meetings for Section 125, 401k, Medical and Dental and other benefit programs.
- Initiates FMLA paperwork and partners with the Employee Experience to prepare paperwork and track leaves.
- Assists in the new client enrollment process and conducts employee enrollment meetings.
- Attends client safety committee meetings as back-up to Risk and Safety Coordinator.
- Attends relevant seminars and workshops to keep abreast of HR best practices as well as employment law updates.
- Participates in client and company events.
- Coordinates and utilizes Strategic Partners as appropriate (Legal, Brokers, etc.).
- Participates in client prospect meetings.
- Makes recommendations to Sales with current clients on additional services and appropriate pricing.
- Conducts proactive client service check-ins on a quarterly basis. Schedules semi-annual and annual service review meetings for key accounts.
What are the requirements for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SPHR designation preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred; supervisory responsibilities may include performing the following duties in conjunction with the on-site client contact: hiring, assigning work, orientation and training, evaluating performance, rewarding performance, mentoring, approving time off, resolving complaints, disciplinary action and employee separations
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Passion for managing and delivering Benefit services
- Commitment to advancing racial equity, and diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in the workplace.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work independently
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must demonstrate trustworthiness, confidentiality, initiative and flexibility
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. XeniumHR is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion and offering a learning and team-focused environment.
Who is XeniumHR?
XeniumHR is an HR & Employer Services company based in Tualatin, Oregon. Our teams of HR, Payroll, and Benefit professionals support small and medium sized employers that have limited or no internal HR resources, as well as those with internal HR staff who can benefit from our expertise and training.
Why People Join and Stay at XeniumHR?
- We have a reputation for being a company committed to developing meaningful relationships and helping organizations and their employees thrive — but we are equally invested in the development of our own people. As a XeniumHR colleague, you can look forward to a stimulating career with many opportunities to learn, grow and advance. We strive to make XeniumHR the employer of choice for the best and brightest diverse talent, fostering an inclusive work environment where employees from varied backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities, genders can succeed. Learn more about XeniumHR’s culture here (culture video).
- Our people are our business — that’s one of the reasons we value our colleagues’ personal learning and improvement so highly. We also want colleagues to see XeniumHR as a place where they can develop their skills and plan their long-term career. That’s why we offer many opportunities for professional development, including opportunities to collaborate and learn from other colleagues, online and in-person seminars, courses, certification programs and book groups.
- We are proud to offer a comprehensive recognition and rewards programs designed with our colleagues’ health, wealth and well-being in mind. Rewards include competitive salary and total compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits, retirement savings plan with employer match, life insurance and disability plans, paid leave and holidays, before-tax spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, spot bonuses and wellness programs.
- Address 7401 SW Washo Court, Suite 200