Central City Concern is hiring an HR Business Partner to join our team!
As an HR Business Partner for CCC you will challenge traditional HR systems and work with us in our relentless pursuit of true diversity and inclusion. You will support the business through leadership, consultation, employee development, labor relations, investigations, and compliance. Daily problem solving, managing organizational change and development, and impacting social justice outcomes are just a few drivers of the work an HR Business Partner leads.
- Act as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in assigned departments. Ensure high-quality, consistent, and legally compliant HR support by resolving inquiries or directing to the appropriate HR team member. This requires regular travel to various CCC locations with consistent office hours at these sites.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Respond to employee complaints and requests for support in a timely manner.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to members of management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Assist the HR Department in developing and implementing the HR Strategic Plan.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to engage with diverse staff and leadership to promote trust, collaboration, and partnership between programs and the Human Resources department.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and composure in difficult situations.
- Ability to balance adherence to CCC’s mission of support and growth with the business needs of the organization.
- Ability to assist and act in a confidential manner.
- Knowledge of the use of computer software including, but not limited to Windows, SharePoint, and employee databases.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable employment and labor law.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Ability to remain solution-focused and respectful in all interactions with staff, co-workers, vendors, and clients.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary paperwork.
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or a related field or an equivalent
combination of relevant skills and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years working in a management-level HR position required.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation
practices, organizational development, employee and union relations, diversity,
performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Experience with a unionized workforce is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of employment and labor laws required.
- Advanced computer experience, including Word and Excel.
- Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, TB test, and background check. DHS clearance preferred.
- If in recovery, must be currently clean and sober.
- Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phones will be provided by Central City Concern.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
- Must adhere to agency policies of non-discrimination.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations, treating each individual with respect and dignity.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
- Address 232 NW 6th Ave