Due to internal promotion, we have an opening for an HR Business Partner.
As a key part of a small dynamic HR team, the HR Business Partner shall engage in a myriad of strategic and tactical responsibilities to ensure that business needs are successfully addressed. Highly visible results are guaranteed in an environment that is challenging and moves with speed and agility to deliver on commitments. Candidates should have experience in 4 or more of the HR disciplines below.
The position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
HR BUSINESS PARTNER:
- Develops a strategic customer relationship with designated functional leaders and their teams to provide professional HR consultation regarding organizational development, leadership development, staffing, performance management, compensation and other business initiatives that are essential to the development and retention of a high performing team
- Develops and applies appropriate candidate sourcing strategies for diverse positions at all levels within the organization
- Partners with Hiring Managers to determine job requirements, and identify appropriate recruiting sources for advertising and posting positions
- Leads the hiring process and utilization of effective interviewing tools for consistency in hiring critical talent in all functions and helps to build Leyard-Planar’s reputation as an employer of choice
- Own full-cycle recruiting process including, but not limited to, creating job postings, maintaining open requisition list, sourcing candidates, screening resumes, telephone screens, and coordinating interviews
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of issues and opportunities within employee population and provides appropriate counsel to management and individual contributors to promote a productive and successful environment
- Resolves and offers options to address management and employee concerns
- Provides proactive support to assigned client groups for the implementation of company-wide initiatives.
- Manages Goal-setting and performance management process, using online system (Perform Yard)
- Benefits plan management
- Competitive benefits analysis
- Administer company-wide leave management
- Administer Workers Compensation claims
- Administer “Preventing Discrimination & Harassment” online training (Traliant)
- Complete annual OSHA 300 logs
- Update Employee handbook as needed with legislative legal changes
- Administer salary reviews
- Respond to annual compensation survey (Radford)
- Administer salary compliance
- Contact for The Muse – employment branding partner website
- Promote the company employment brand to candidates and external service providers
- Participate in community outreach opportunities with groups such as Hillsboro Advanced Manufacturing Workgroup, IT Ready, WorkSystems
- Function as a collaborative member of the HR team
- Ability to read, write, and understand English
- Ability to maintain acceptable standards of office conduct
- Ability to come to work demonstrating timely and regular attendance
- Ability to handle stress and changing business needs
- HR Team
- Company Directors & Managers
- Individual Contributors
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated consultative abilities with diverse employee and management positions
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to translate business needs/objectives into actionable HR strategy and programs.
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Versatility across tactical and strategic HR work
- Ability to use a strong sense of judgment and discretion and to maintain confidential information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and demonstrated ability to communicate appropriate information to customers and team members in a professional manner
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter and able to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficient using social media to source candidates
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook calendar management, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Mental ability to conduct on-going interpersonal interactions, analyze and solve problems essential
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes
- Physical ability to use computer hardware/software required
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Should have at least 5-8 years of experience in Generalist HR role, with demonstrated success in diverse areas of HR support, including employee relations, preferably in a high tech environment. Multi-national experience a plus
- Strong foundation in HR fundamentals along with advanced knowledge in two or more of the following: Employment Law; Recruitment & Selection; Performance Management, Compensation; Benefits; HRIS; Training & Employee Development, and Organizational Development
- Experience using an HRIS (Human Resources Information System) – ADP preferred
- Experience using an Applicant Tracking System, e.g. Taleo
- Working with others in a team setting
- Valid Driver License and appropriate vehicle insurance for reliable transportation between company locations in Hillsboro required
- Address 1195 NE Compton Drive, Hillsboro, OR 97006
Our Human Resources team has an opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner. In this position, you will be physically located at our corporate headquarters in NE Portland, however, will help solve complex challenges and provide support to geographically dispersed dealerships within assigned regions. Areas of support includes but is not limited to HR operations/processes, employee relations, investigations, manager coaching & training, compliance, etc. Occasional travel will be required (approx. 5-10% of the time).
This position will be attractive for candidates with the right aptitude, ability to adapt and influence, and desire to continuously learn. This position will report directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer and under the mentorship of senior HR team members.
•Business Partnering: Build influential relationships with management in assigned regions using an approach of curiosity, approachability, and customer-orientation. Apply legal requirements, Company policy, culture, and values to make recommendations to help resolve employment related issues, escalating issues as appropriate.
•Employee/Manager Support: Engage as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert to guide managers on employment-related issues, related but not limited to, performance management, coaching, disciplinary actions, and separations of employment. Handle complaints that are escalated by employees appropriately and conduct investigations where necessary.
•Manager Training: In addition to in-the-moment coaching & support, work under direction of senior team members to develop and conduct necessary training.
•HR Operations: Assist with development of job descriptions, and oversee job change processes such as promotions, reclassifications, transfers, etc. Ensure compliance requirements for states in assigned territories are met (for example, new hire packets have appropriate required notices for each location, CA Harassment Training, etc.).
•HR Team/Service Standards: Maintain open communication and work collaboratively with all HR team members to ensure efficient operations and a high level of customer support. Partner with Senior Benefits Specialist on complex leave of absence, workers’ comp, and ADA issues.
•Continuous Improvement & Special Projects: Identify ways to improve and share ideas. Work with team members to complete special projects and initiatives. Assist with other tasks and objectives as requested.
•Organizational Policies: Review and recommend new or necessary revisions to organizational policies, practices, and procedures. Interpret and reinforce policies with management and employees.
•Key Performance Indicators: Under direction of CHRO, track and report on HR data.
•Professional Development & Business Acumen: Stay ahead of applicable employment laws and regulations. Continuously learn about the trucking/transportation industry and seek opportunities to increase business acumen.
Our HR Team is lean and effective. Ideal candidates are resourceful and have a well-rounded range of experience and capabilities that include:
•3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in HR (candidates in an HR Generalist, Employee Relations Specialist, or HR Business Partner that want to continue their growth are ideal).
•In-depth knowledge and experience supporting a majority non-exempt California workforce highly DESIRED.
•Knowledge of effectively navigating organizational/corporate environments.
•Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
•Sound knowledge of HR processes such as recruiting, onboarding, performance management, etc.
•Team-oriented – You take a cooperative and collaborative approach and see the team’s success as just as important as individual accomplishments.
•Highly organized and detail oriented – Nothing slips through the cracks!
•Clear and succinct communication skills (most of communication is done via phone and email); excellent writing skills (spelling, grammar, and punctuation matter!) to create formal documents/documentation that can pass under legal scrutiny.
•Savvy with computer systems & programs such as MS Excel, Outlook, & Word, HRMS, etc.
•Curiosity – You understand you don’t know everything and seek opportunities to continuously learn.
•Problem Solving/Judgment – You anticipate potential issues, identify root causes, analyze, and solve problems utilizing sound judgment.
•Relationship Building & Influence without Authority – You build effective partnerships and relationships with a variety of personalities to achieve desired outcomes.
•Professionalism – You appropriately handle sensitive information and situations in a mature and confidential manner.
•Adaptability – You have the capability to flourish in an often stressful and ambiguous environment.
To Apply: Please visit www.teceequipment.com to complete an online application. Please also upload a cover letter that expands on your interest and fit for this role.
We believe our employees deserve a safe work environment – all offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Address 750 NE Columbia Blvd. Portland, OR 97211