Oregon Metro is seeking an HR Business Partner!
You are a strategic, solutions-oriented professional with experience in a union environment. Your ability to lead with emotional intelligence allows you to adeptly work to understand multiple, varying interests, clients and stakeholders while developing trust along the way. You help drive change efforts and workforce planning strategies by building collaborative, trusting and credible relationships with senior leaders and key partners. Most importantly, you model these behaviors every day.
As a member of the HR Business Partner/Recruitment team, you will be one of three highly knowledgeable and experienced program managers serving as a solutions focused guide. Working independently and as part of this team, you will be relied upon as a consultant/influencer and trusted subject matter expert on strategic and day to day Human Resources activities.
What you will do
In this role, you’ll be responsible for working with departmental directors, managers, union representatives, line staff and the greater Human Resources team to ensure human resources practices are consistent, equitable and align with our core organizational values and departmental objectives. Leading with a solutions based approach, collaborative spirit, and mutual respect, you will be responsible for working primarily with specific departments/business units that make up Metro’s vast venues, external services and internal service departments.
Experience and education
- Five years of progressive responsibilities with three years of HR Business Partner and recruitment duties in a high-volume environment; preferably in the public sector AND
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field; AND either, a related advanced degree or professional certification; OR
- Any combination of experience and education that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to perform assigned tasks
- 3+ years of direct experience as an HR Business Partner or Sr. HR Generalist
- 3 + years’ experience of direct recruitment experience
- At least 2 years of experience working in a unionized environment in the public sector.
Learn more about this role and apply here!
- Address 600 NE Grande Ave; Portland Oregon 97232