Northwest Permanente, P.C., is a self-governed, physician-led, multispecialty group of over 1,500 physicians, surgeons, and clinicians, caring for over 600,000 members in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Kaiser Permanente is one of the nation’s preeminent health care systems, a benchmark for comprehensive, integrated, and high-quality care.
As an HR team member, the Human Resource Consultant provides human resource consulting services in the area of employee relations and efforts related to improving the work environment. Facilitates problem solving and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions
HR Business Partner employee relations support
- Partner with the HR Business Partners to assess and triage situations affecting employee relations and provides recommended course of action based on policies and applicable federal and state laws.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation. Drafts disciplinary documents and compiles supporting documentation.
- Conducts research and provides recommendations and assistance for compliance matters.
- Provide supports to the HR Business Partners as needed
- Facilitate offboarding process, including conducting exit interviews for separating employees and collecting exit interview notes for trends and report out.
- Analyzes trends in NWP HR data and activities, such as turnover and employee engagement to identify potential areas of concern.
Policy and Procedures
- Partner with the policy custodian and owner to update the NWP HR policies when necessary.
HR Project support
- Lead a variety of projects falling within NWP Human Resources areas of accountability.
- Associates degree in Human Resources or related field or two (2) years directly related experience.
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of HR generalist or consulting experience including conflict resolution, employee relations, employment law, and general knowledge of HR administrative and operational functions including recruiting, performance management, compensation, benefits, and leaves.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or financial information to various audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct investigations, perform research and accurately document findings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high professional standards for customer service.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, reasoning, and analytical skills.
- Advanced interviewing skills, with attention to detail, accuracy, deadlines, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with personal and highly confidential information in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully operate in a matrixed reporting structure.
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple projects to meet goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel to regional worksite locations, as needed.
At Northwest Permanente, P.C., we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Northwest Permanente, P.C. believes that diversity, inclusion, and equity among our employees is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Address 500 NE Multnomah St., Suite 100