HR Coordinator job is to work as a supportive and cooperative Human Resources team member providing the best potential customer service for the assigned Belden region (this includes support for mainly Tripwire associates but also other Belden associates in the region). The main responsibility of HR Specialist is to provide general human resource support to the organization, addressing a broad variety of issues, reporting, maintaining employee records, and administrative support to the various programs and initiatives.
- Prepare and maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions using HR management systems
- Maintains audit-ready HR and Employee paper and electronic records
- Ensures the accuracy of information in the HR Information System (SAP-HCM), provides input as appropriate regarding employee records and data.
- Maintains HR records, including (but not limited to) written references, policies, procedures, forms, and brochures.
- Supports and tracks company training initiatives, ensuring timely completion of required training by associates
- Supports Service and Support Associates with compliance actions related to customer placements
- Responsible for reporting and annual filing for affirmative action and EEO compliance
- Responsible for preparation, creation and maintenance of reports and metrics as assigned and needed # reports include complex headcount and retention data, and ad-hoc requisitions
- Collaborate with business users and HR team in the design, development, and deployment of new or improved business processes and reporting using HRIS systems
General Administration, Benefits and Payroll Support
- Manages on boarding; conducts and schedules new-hire orientations; introduces company objectives, benefits, and rewards; provides benefit enrollment support.
- Manages off boarding; conducts Exit interviews, processes required HRIS actions
- Processes Bel-Forms and ensures proper approvals, disseminates approved forms
- Communicates effectively and productively with other departments, employees, applicants, managers; provides information and assistance regarding recruitment, transfers, employment, personnel records and legislation
- Creates and maintains incentive plan documentation for employees
- Address basic employee relations issues and elevates as appropriate
- Monitors communications to department distribution list
- Act as a backup for benefits and payroll administration
- Respond to basic benefit coverage questions pertaining to relevant plans
- Acts as payroll backup and provides support for payroll processing requirements as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and professional training.
- 3-5 years of professional experience, including at least 1-2 years in HR.
- Experience developing and maintaining HR and business metric reports
- HRIS experience required (SAP-HCM preferred, also ADP and SuccessFactors)
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Well-developed analytical and administrative skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively solve problems using judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations and/or law.
- Demonstrates initiative, follow through, resourcefulness and a willingness to lead projects.
- Business level computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, computer hardware
- Willingness to accept additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Flexible and able to accept change.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Address 308 SW 2nd Ave, Portland OR 97204