POSITION: HR Data Consultant (Exempt)
SALARY: $82,515.00 – $128,962.00 Annually
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
Do you enjoy using your critical thinking skills to analyze and synthesize data? Are you able to see the patterns and make the connections among that data and convey a story about it? If so, this could be the job for you! The Data Consultant will lead HR’s data analysis, reporting, and prediction efforts related to workforce planning, diversity recruitment and retention efforts, pay equity, HR key performance indicators (KPIs), compensation and merit administration, recognition, the Affirmative Action Plan, interpretation of employee survey data and related areas in order to influence and inform business decisions, predict trends, build credibility, and tell an effective story.
The Port of Portland is a gateway to the globe. We operate multiple airports, marine terminals and business parks that connect people and passengers, drive economic growth and improve our region’s quality of life. We are looking for a collaborative, tech-savvy analytical thinker to contribute to the Port’s Human Resource success by delivering research and analytics to drive strategy and facilitate operational change. The successful candidate will exhibit a strong sense of team-orientation, be highly collaborative, and will share our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion and advancing practices, strategies and policies that achieve equitable outcomes for all.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile, analyze, visualize and report on a range of HR-related data to allow information to be consumed easily to improve and optimize decisions and performance in the areas of workforce planning, diversity efforts, merit administration, pay equity, employee engagement, and other KPIs.
- Interpret data to identify trends and determine areas requiring attention and focus.
- Develop reports (weekly, monthly, annual, ad hoc), prepare analyses, and create appropriate visualizations that portray data in easy-to-understand ways.
- Present both high-level and detailed information to a variety of audiences as needed and recommend courses of action based on data and analyses.
- Utilize best practices to create data collection tools (e.g., surveys), collect and analyze original datasets, and maintain where appropriate.
- Thoroughly document workflows, processes, and data products.
- Fulfill data collection and reporting for various compliance requirements (e.g., Affirmative Action Plan, VETS-4212, EEO-4).
- Work closely with HR leadership to understand division-specific and Port-wide priorities and initiatives.
- Determine what data and corresponding analyses can be beneficial to and/or further efforts.
- Assess reporting needs and determine appropriate reporting structures.
- Collaborate with other HR disciplines and work with HRIS/SaaS Specialist and IT staff collaboratively to extract and synthesize data, as well as to develop new and/or more advanced automations to track and retrieve data.
- Represent the Port and/or Human Resources, as needed, on internal project teams to provide data and/or assist with analyses and interpretation and/or overall project efforts and present information to internal and external audiences as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, human resources, statistics, data management/data analysis or a related field is preferred; or, the equivalent combination of education and /or relevant experience is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience utilizing business analytics software (specific experience with Tableau is preferred) and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau Prep, FME, Knime).
- Working knowledge of statistical and research methods and principles of data visualization is required.
- Background and experience in one or both of the following areas is preferred:
- HR business, operational needs and regulatory compliance requirements,
- Survey best practices, data standards and governance practices and methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of data evaluation, data visualization, and analysis is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to perform and explain complex computations, calculations, and data manipulation processes.
- Able to express ideas in writing clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering public presentations.
- Skilled at balancing multiple priorities and able to work independently with limited supervision as well as within a team environment.
- Self-directed and comfortable researching issues and ideas and taking initiative.
- Promotes safety as a guiding principle and a regular practice in accomplishing work; focuses on safety improvements and complies with safety and health policies and procedures.
- Proven team player who shows the utmost respect for others.
- Effectively use data analytics and visualization software as applicable.
- Interpret and present data, provide context, understand nuances in data and effectively contextualize them and explain data and information to diverse audiences.
- Monitor trends in HR and data analysis and attend conferences, seminars and/or professional events to expand understanding and stay abreast of topics.
- Demonstrate commitment to valuing differences among individuals and a passion for being inclusive.
- Safety: The Port promotes safety as a guiding principle and practice in accomplishing work by complying with safety and health policies and procedures and consistently seeking improvements that support operational excellence.
- Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don’t just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
- Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
- Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other safety-sensitive positions.
- ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that they need an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6000
APPLY ONLINE: https://www.portofportland.com/Careers
- Address 7200 NE Airport Way, Portland, OR 97218