Are you looking for an opportunity to grow in your career and learn from an accomplished and engaging HR leader? We look forward to meeting you and sharing more about this opportunity. Join us!
Industry: Food Production
Mulberry Talent Partners: Human Resources Division, has joined with our client, a food manufacturer in North Portland, to identify a Senior HR Generalist. The Senior Generalist will be responsible for providing HR support to the plant. This role is focused primarily on driving employee engagement, community/ social responsibility strategies, and strategic collaboration across all HR functional areas.
Your new role:
- Develop and promote two-way communication (feedback loop) mechanisms for the workforce to influence and promote exceptional employee engagement
- Drive people processes to ensure alignment with organizational goals
- Drive continuous improvement and change management throughout the organization
- Manage projects as necessary and participate in functional and cross- functional initiatives
- Coach, counsel, and guide managers and supervisors in effective employee relations and procedures
- Supports HR peers by providing strategic guidance and coaching with onboarding and employee transitions, training and Learning & Development, performance management, workforce analytics, and technology.
- Provide assistance with wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Administering salary administration and the performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Coordinate employee functions & activities (i.e. picnics, holiday parties, etc.) with assistance from employee committees.
- Ensure maintenance of applicable plant policies, procedures/ practices pertaining to human resources & benefits (i.e. job descriptions, work rules, etc.).
- Assist the Sr. HR Manager as needed and perform all other duties as assigned.
- Support the HR Manager with the administration and interpretation of federal, state, and local employment laws, and internal practices, procedures, and protocols by: acting as a liaison between department managers and employees, providing advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy, and employment law.
- Completion of or in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in HR, labor relations, business, or related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5 years Human Resource Experience
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Manufacturing/ CPG experience preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Ability to work “off hours” as necessary
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Capacity to understand people issues impacting the business along with a passion for relationship building
- Proven ability to influence others and reach agreements and consensus despite differing goals and priorities
- Proven ability to make decisive and sound judgements consistent with company culture and applicable laws
- Experience in project management, resource management, and strategic planning
- A desire to lead groups, drive results, and challenge the status quo
If this job describes what you are looking for, send us your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!