Mulberry Talent Partners: Human Resources Division, has joined with our client, a company located in Milwaukie, OR to identify an HR Generalist. This is a full-time, direct-hire role. The role is primarily onsite to start but will allow for some hybrid work once the selected individual gets established. The core hours of this role are M-F 7AM-4PM. The focus of this role will be hourly recruiting; a candidate who is able to be flexible and jump in on other projects is highly valued.
- Talent Acquisition: Primary ownership for processing of hourly requisitions and screening resumes. Assist HR Business Partner in the full life-cycle recruitment process; including developing requisitions, coordinating with internal/external recruiters, facilitation of new-hire onboarding, administrative duties involved with hiring a new employee and required paperwork. Coordinate onboarding initiatives and training within the first year to ensure talent transitions into the organization successfully; including assisting with administration of the learning management system.
- Welfare and Morale: Facilitate employee engagement activities to help develop plans and strategies for employee engagement. Work with PIT Crew to carry out company-wide welfare and morale activities.
- Training and Talent Development: Develop and manage high school and college intern programs. Coordinate training and development activities for the Portland and Detroit facilities.
- General Administration: Maintain legal bulletin boards according to applicable laws and regulations. Manage company’s key card system.
- Employee Relations: Respond to questions and concerns from employees regarding human resources programs and services; resolve questions and concerns. Provide support to employees and leaders including but not limited to onboarding, coaching, resolving employee relations matters, etc.
- Provide backup services to the other functions within the department as needed (i.e. wellness, safety, payroll, benefits, etc.).
- Work on a variety of special projects as required related to the development and implementation of business strategies, HR policies and programs.
Due to the nature and scope of the essential functions of this position, the importance of personal interactions with coworkers and employees, and the availability of job-related tools, equipment and resources at work, performance of the essential functions requires regular, consistent availability, accessibility, and presence on-site and after-hours.
The required number of hours will vary depending on what is required to efficiently perform the job duties of this position. This position will require availability and accessibility to respond to and address emergencies and critical situations outside of normal business operating hours in the early mornings, evenings and/or during weekends.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of area travel may be expected.
Education and/or Experience:
- Skills and abilities consistent with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field. PHR certification a plus.
- Experience providing HR support in a production/manufacturing environment preferred.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills commensurate with the job tasks and position necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers while providing exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Ability to present information in a manner designed to educate or inform other team members and customers in one-on-one or group interactions as directed.
- Ability to review, comprehend, interpret, process and evaluate effectively written work instructions and procedures written in English in conjunction with the performance of the essential functions and other assigned job duties.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with Successfactors preferred. Must be adaptable to learning new systems quickly and working and interpreting large amounts of data.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills including ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a calm, rational and respectful demeanor and communication style in times of stress occasioned by work demands, tight timelines, heavy production expectations, unexpected quality control issues, and other work-related issues or concerns that may cause a heightened level of anxiety, frustration, anger, disappointment, confusion, etc.
- Enthusiastic adoption and consistent demonstration of the company’s Core Values: Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit, Winning Through Customer Focused Innovation, Respects & Values People, Expectations for Results, High Ethical Standards, Openness and Trust.
- Strong technical, trouble-shooting, problem solving, research, organizational and analytical skills, combined with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines. Ability to multitask is also essential while remaining flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Well-reasoned decision making with a high attention to detail regarding organization, planning, work flow, and project prioritization to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Highly ethical, self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and/or with limited direction, as well as cooperatively in a team environment, while consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful and productive work habits.