Who is XeniumHR?
XeniumHR is an HR & Employer Services company based in Tualatin, Oregon. Our teams of HR, Payroll, and Benefit professionals support small and medium sized employers that have limited or no internal HR resources, as well as those with internal HR staff who can benefit from our expertise and training.
Why People Join and Stay at XeniumHR?
- We have a reputation for being a company committed to developing meaningful relationships and helping organizations and their employees thrive — but we are equally invested in the development of our own people. As a XeniumHR colleague, you can look forward to a stimulating career with many opportunities to learn, grow and advance.
- We strive to make XeniumHR the employer of choice for the best and brightest diverse talent, fostering an inclusive work environment where employees from varied backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities, genders can succeed. Learn more about XeniumHR’s culture here: Culture Video
- Our people are our business — that’s one of the reasons we value our colleagues’ personal learning and improvement so highly. We also want colleagues to see XeniumHR as a place where they can develop their skills and plan their long-term career. That’s why we offer many opportunities for professional development, including opportunities to collaborate and learn from other colleagues, online and in-person seminars, courses, certification programs and book groups.
- We are proud to offer a comprehensive recognition and rewards programs designed with our colleagues’ health, wealth, and well-being in mind. Rewards include competitive salary and total compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits, retirement savings plan with employer match, life insurance and disability plans, paid leave and holidays, before-tax spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, spot bonuses and wellness programs.
What is an HR Onsite?
This role is dedicated to one of our non-profit clients committed to the success of underserved youth and adults in our community.
The HR Generalist works on site at the client and –
- Represents the “face” of XeniumHR
- Is the go-to for day to day HR guidance and support
- Works in collaboration with their colleagues to ensure effective implementation and delivery of HR practices and systems
Work Location: Portland – Northeast area
Hours of Position: 40 per week, 5 days/week
Overview of HR services for this client:
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for providing onsite HR services and support for the client along with the support of the Sr. HR Business Partner (HRBP) and Xenium team.
- Acts as point of contact for Human Resources and serves as the liaison between the client and Xenium.
- Works with the HRBP in implementing HR project deliverables to include: Employee Handbooks, Job Descriptions, Wage Surveys, HR Audits, Employee Satisfaction Surveys, Performance Management Programs, Trainings, and other client company objectives.
- In conjunction with the HRBP, provides Human Resource guidance/compliance to client.
- Responds to HR questions from managers and employees as well as providing disciplinary and coaching support. Utilizes HRBP for assistance/guidance with technical and strategic HR issues.
- Acts as a resource for employees in all different aspects of HR.
- Benefits and 401k administration.
- Works with managers to ensure that all the proper documentation is in place for all aspects of HR.
- Participates in employee counseling meetings as appropriate.
- Coordinates all aspects of terminations in conjunction with the Xenium HRBP.
- Manages and assists in the development of people systems and recognition programs.
- Assists managers in the recruiting process which includes drafting and posting of the job opening, screening resumes, coordination of offer and pre-employment screening (checking references, drug screen, and criminal background checks).
- Schedules and conducts new hire and benefits orientations.
- Assists with tracking on-time performance reviews. Reviews incoming performance reviews for completeness and obtains appropriate signatures.
- Works with the Xenium team to produce the appropriate leave paperwork and tracks all leaves for employees.
- Attends monthly safety committee, coordinates with Xenium on annual OSHA log for posting and for process set up.
- Administers the workers’ compensation process.
- Participates in the client meetings to discuss HR related assigned topics as needed.
- Attends relevant seminars and training workshops to keep abreast of HR best practices as well as employment law updates.
- Maintains the personnel filing system to include applicants, active and inactive employees.
What are the requirements for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, or two+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ADP Payroll experience required
- Commitment to advancing racial equity, and diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in the workplace.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work independently
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must demonstrate trustworthiness, confidentiality, initiative, and flexibility
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required
- Passion for managing and delivering HR services
- Human Resource certifications preferred, but not required
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. If you enjoy being part of a collaborative HR team, building relationships, and making a difference in workplaces, we encourage you to apply – even if you believe you don’t meet all the requirements described.
XeniumHR is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion and offering a learning and team-focused environment.
- Address NE Portland