Human Resources Generalist (Full Time Benefits Eligible – 40 Hours per week – Prefer four consecutive days at ten hours per day)
Hawthorn Senior Living currently has an immediate opening for a new position at our Vancouver, Washington home office for a seasoned Human Resources Generalist.
Hawthorn Senior Living is a rapidly expanding senior housing company, managing independent living, assisted living retirement and memory care communities throughout the U.S. and Canada. Our company brings over 40 years of experience in the senior housing industry together with an exclusive company culture to create a dynamic and rewarding work environment setting us apart from other senior housing companies. Our number one goal is providing caring and compassionate service and the quality lifestyle every senior deserves.
Using sound judgement, the Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing Human Resources related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior Operations Management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance. This position works with managers and employees throughout the Company to address concerns, resolve conflicts, develop performance improvement plans, conduct investigations and assist with involuntary terminations of employment, including developing and reviewing the appropriate documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ensure Employee Relation issues and concerns are handled fairly, consistently, transparently, in a timely fashion, and in line with the company’s Purpose and Values, policies, and appropriate state, federal laws and provincial laws.
• Conduct investigations into Employee Relation issues and partner closely with Legal, Human Resources, Operations Leadership, and Community Leaders through the investigation process
• Align Human Resources, Operation Leadership and Community Leaders on appropriate courses of action, matching investigation strategy to the complexity, risk, sensitivity, and confidentiality of the investigation. Work with Human Resources, Operation Leadership and Community Leaders to ensure optimal decisions and outcomes are made by influencing, coaching, and by providing subject matter expertise that balance risk and business needs
• Provide excellent external and internal customer service through professional and timely communications with all employees and stakeholders
• Interpret management policies and operating practices for the purpose of achieving department objectives and ensuring compliance with requirements
• Recognize compliance issues and proactively suggest solutions or best practices to address issues
• Ability to travel, sometimes on short notice.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ideally 3-5 years HR Business Partner or Senior Generalist with 5-7 years directly handling complex employee relations issues and investigations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with high standards of professionalism
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Experience to work cross-functionally with employees, managers, and business leaders in a global matrixed organization to resolve issues and grievances
• Proven ability to coach, advise and partner with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
• Must be able to work under pressure and deal with complex issues, while maintaining composure
• Experienced decision maker who uses good reasoning and sound judgment in handling each situation required
• Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality is required
• Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, interpret and make recommendations on ER related data
• Business Acumen
• Critical Evaluation
• HR Expertise, including investigations
• Relationship Management
• Ethical Practice
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Prefer: A bachelor’s degree and three plus (3+) years of experience in Human Resources as a Generalist or Human Resources Business Partner
Five plus (5+) years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist, Employee Relations Specialist, or Human Resources Business Partner.
Multi State and multi facility experience is great!
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes paid time off and the opportunity to elect healthcare, dental, vision and disability benefits; as well as life insurance, a 401k plan with company match and an employee assistance program. We also have a very unique office culture and we love to celebrate year-round. Such festivities include monthly birthday celebrations, holiday activities including holiday office parties, group donation drives, casual Fridays and more!
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please email resume with “Human Resources Generalist” in the subject line to: kris.kosik@HawthornRet.com.
We do pre-employment background checks, employment verification, and reference checks. Hawthorn Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Address 9310 NE Vancouver Mall Dr