Are you ready for #rubylife? We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist who believes in the strength of a people-powered culture and is passionate about our business and employees. Driven by our mission, we are inspired to connect with one another and put our employees first to best support our customers.
The HR Generalist is “all things HR” to Rubys in our Pearl location, and provides remote support to all employees as part of the larger HR team. From answering front-line benefits questions to performance coaching with managers to expertly navigating employment law, the HR Generalist is a key member of the site and of Ruby’s HR Team.
You will support 200+ (mostly) non-exempt employees and many first-time managers, empower them with foundational HR knowledge, and help keep the business humming.
You join a standout team with members of HR Ops, Talent, Payroll/Benefits, L&D, and Employee Engagement at the ready to collaborate with you to achieve success.
- Counsel, advise, and collaborate with managers and employees to guide the performance management process and outcomes for employees.
- Support change management within the sites. Lead, advise, and drive programs to implement and integrate change, while championing an inclusive people-first culture.
- Proactively oversee leave and reasonable accommodation requests under Oregon Sick Leave, OFLA, FMLA, and ADA.
- Support site compliance needs, including FLSA, OSHA and all the other catchy HR-acronyms from the DOL, EEOC, you know the rest…
- Engage employees through the Ruby life cycle – from new hire class orientation to departing Rubys’ exit interviews and everything in between.
- Contribute to building process and infrastructure for our growing team and company, with an eye for scaling and a mindset for efficiency! See it, think it, make it better.
- Support recruitment efforts through interview participation, manager training on the do’s and don’t’s, and assessment of incoming talent. Writing job ads is a plus!
Your Work DNA
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment where innovation drives goals. You are flexible, adaptable, and play well with others.
- You actively listen, ask insightful questions, and seek win-win solutions with every interaction. ‘No’ isn’t in your vocabulary, instead you ask ‘why’ and ‘how.’
- You are energetic, approachable, independent and a team player, reliable, passionate, and have flair…lots of flair. (Well, a reasonable amount of flair.)
- You are an influencer, educator, and consultant. You know HR and can confidently (and correctly) bring others along in their understanding of “HR-need-to-know’s.”
- 3-5 years broad HR experience with a heavy focus on supporting a non-exempt population. Contact center environment, a plus.
- HR expertise in performance management, ER, OFLA, FMLA, and employment law/compliance, both Federal and State-specific required. HIPAA-compliance experience a plus.
- Alignment on the importance and value of an inclusive work environment, and the power of diversity at work
- HR expertise in change management balancing business needs and fostering an employee-first culture. M&A experience a plus.
- Exposure to other areas of HR like: benefits, payroll, job descriptions, etc., enough to speak knowledgeably and answer front-line questions.
- HR expertise in Talent Management, job design, job descriptions, people analytics, and recruitment, nice to have.
- Experience with a variety of HR systems and a no-fear approach to new technology.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate for workload; position is generally Monday through Friday.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification, a plus
Ruby Receptionists leverages proprietary technology combined with bright, charming receptionists to deliver its unique vision of WOW-worthy customer experiences. Ruby gained national recognition for its success when it debuted at #1 in 2012 FORTUNE Magazine’s Best Small Company to Work for in the U.S. and remained in the top five in 2013, 2014 and 2015. No easy feat given the fact that Ruby has experienced double-digit growth every year since launching in 2003.
Work takes place in an office setting with a diverse employee population. This full-time position will regularly float between local office sites, and may occasionally travel to KC, MO offices.
Ruby Receptionists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
- Address 1331 NW Lovejoy, PDX
Job type: Full-Time To be considered for this position, please provide cover letter and resume.
CoHo Services is a family-owned, full-service management company that owns and operates over 20 properties (primarily hotels and restaurants) across the Pacific Northwest. We are currently seeking a HR Manager to lead the department and oversee all aspects of HR. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn the ins and outs of our multiple locations; take ownership of their areas of responsibility; have advanced HRIS expertise, and the ability to train other team members as needed; and be able work effectively with offsite employees and partners. This position will be based out of our Vancouver, WA office but must be able to travel around the Portland metro area and potentially to clients around the Pacific Northwest as needed. Essential Functions:
- Develop and oversee various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; lead development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Manage HRIS to ensure: accurate and timely data processing; integrity of personnel records; accurate and timely monthly and ad hoc reports; compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Implement and update as necessary: the compensation program including salary surveys; job descriptions; and performance evaluation program.
- Evaluate work completed by department members; assess and reassign responsibilities as needed.
- Maintain safety, health and workers’ compensation programs.
- Oversee unemployment claims, research to determine validity of claims, and responses to unemployment claims administrator.
- Manage staffing and recruitment program to ensure departments are staffed with adequate workforce.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of mandated government reports and logs.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information, recommending courses of action.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Analyze information and provide advice to supervisors and managers on methods and approaches to resolve employee work problems.
- Develop, implement and deliver training programs for supervisors and managers.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensure compliant administration of the leave of absence program and policy in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws.
- Lead department staff meetings and regularly scheduled check-ins; attends other meetings and seminars as needed. Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience.
- Minimum 3 years Supervisory Experience.
- Minimum 3 years HRIS experience (ADP Workforce Now preferred).
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Compensation and Benefits:
- $65,000-75,000 DOE
- Medical/dental insurance (company contribution).
- Life insurance, dependent life insurance, AD&D, LTD (company paid).
- Participation in company 401(k) after one year of service (company contribution).
- Six paid holidays per year.
- Paid sick leave/vacation.