Human Resources Manager
Employee Status: Part Time – 25-35 hours/week with option to work from home
Compensation: $30 – $35 per hour
Synergo is an inclusive community of individuals passionate about the outdoor and aerial adventure industry. Since 1994, co-owners Erik and Jennifer Marter (alongside many others) have grown our company into an internationally recognized organization that partners with camps, schools and recreation facilities using “high-adventure” activities as tools for recreation, growth and change. We do this by offering design, construction, program, training, inspection, consulting, equipment sales and more so that each of our clients can manage and operate safe, fun and educational activities.
We encourage you to learn more about who we are and our company culture by looking at our website. www.teamsynergo.com We want you to be confident that Synergo is a good fit for you!
The HR Manager will be responsible for Synergo’s employee and organizational development. You will supervise Synergo’s hiring process to include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training new staff. This position will oversee policies and procedures development and implementation and employee benefits administration to include governmental and agency reporting. The HR Manager will promote Synergo company culture and support employees as integral members of our company community
Your New Team:
This position has no direct reports. You will be a member of the management team, report to the owners and work alongside the executive team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a full spectrum of Human Resources support by overseeing onboarding for new hires, including job offer and employment documentation, orientation, and ongoing support of new employees.
- Maintain employee-related files and documentation for new hires, promotions, terminations, disciplinary records, employee performance and annual review records
- Develop, update, manage and respond to inquiries regarding policies and procedures, including an Employee Handbook.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Provide guidance to managers on employee relations, conflict resolutions, performance, disciplinary actions, and other management issues.
- Administer biweekly payroll
- Administer records of employee benefit plans and participation and worker’s compensation reporting.
- Assists in recruitment and hiring process
- Address and resolve employee concerns.
- Support staff training, meetings, and events
- Performs other duties as needed
- Relevant four-year degree in Human Resources, business administration, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of Human Resources related experience
- Strong project management skills: ability to effectively plan, implement and manage HR programs and functions; ability to implement, explain, and apply relevant policies, procedures, laws, and regulations
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers
- You need to be legally able to work in the United States and pass a background investigation.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance -50% Premium copay
- Short- and Long-Term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- 56 hours of PTO your first year, 96 hours PTO years 2-9, increasing to 136-hours PTO at year 10
- 8 paid Holidays
- 401K matching after 1 year of employment and 1000 hours, maximum matching is 4% with a 5% employee contribution
We like to work hard but we also like to play. Our home office is in Tigard, Oregon just outside of Portland. We are open to a partial work from home arrangement for this position, but we’d like our staff to get to know you so one to two days a week in the office will be important.
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter and resume to – Jennifer Marter firstname.lastname@example.org
The requirements listed above are guidelines. If you feel you can perform this role, we encourage you to apply. “Experience” refers to both paid and unpaid work, including volunteer, student and pro-bono work, all of which meaningfully contribute to your skillset, knowledge, and competencies. You can boost your application by showing us you can do the work required of this role and explain how you are acquiring any skills that will help you excel in this work in the future.
Synergo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who strives to increase access to opportunity, equity, inclusion, and justice in all elements of our hiring processes and work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, including nonconforming and transgender individuals, age, race, sex religion, national origin, ancestry, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you have a unique need and require an accommodation or assistance with our application process, please contact us to tell us how we can help
- Address 15995 SW 74th Avenue Suite 200 Tigard OR 97224