In-House Job Posting: HP#2021-08
Position: HR Operations Program Manager
Department: Human Resources
Pay Range 32: $84,116 – $110,691 annually.
Starting Salary: $84,116 – $102,340 annually, depending on qualifications.
Full-time regular position with benefits.
Close: Monday, July 26, 2021
The Human Resources Department is recruiting for the above position. See attached job classification for more information. We are also recruiting externally at this time.
Are you a savvy HR strategist looking to lend your creative lens and keen problem solving abilities for the benefit of employees and the Hillsboro community?
Do you have the expertise to provide effective leadership and sound guidance over the critical components of HR Operations?
If so then you may have found your perfect match!
The City of Hillsboro is seeking an experienced HR leader to manage the agency’s HR Operations team and program which includes, Health & Wellness Benefits, Deferred Comp Plans, Leave Administration, HRIS, and Unemployment.
The successful candidate will be forward-thinking and enthusiastic about the world of benefits, leave administration, process improvement, HRIS maximization, customer service, and ensuring the City’s resources are being utilized thoughtfully with an eye towards recruitment, retention, equity and fiscal responsibility. They will also have the leadership experience and intrinsic motivation to contribute to a team atmosphere where everyone can thrive.
Essential work examples…
- Strategy development, implementation, and oversight of the HR operational functions including Health & Wellness Benefits, Deferred Comp Plans, Leave Administration, HRIS, Unemployment and related compliance in these areas; strategies include effective resource management, utilizing data to prioritize, plan and balance timelines and resource impacts.
- Enhancement of HR’s operations, systems, processes, workflow and organizational capacity through best practices and process/system improvement methodologies, project management and transparent leadership.
- Review/update program area policies utilizing an equity lens in collaboration with diversity, equity and inclusion subject matter experts and the HR Leadership team.
- All things supervision/leadership – serving as a collaborative and responsive leader, providing clear direction and feedback, training and professional growth; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment where staff can thrive; leading by example following policies, procedures, upholding the City’s core values, and leaning in to the City’s Equity Statement.
- Management and implementation of the annual request for coverage and open enrollment process. In partnership with an employee benefit broker, evaluate current plans against market, statutory requirements, and plan financing/benefit risks.
- In partnership with the HR Director and City Manager leadership, development of the City’s benefits strategy and management of the City’s Benefits Committee ensuring resources are being utilized thoughtfully with an eye towards recruitment, retention, equity and fiscal responsibility.
- In partnership with Information Services, provide leadership and guidance for all human resources information systems including MUNIS and NeoGov (applicant tracking system) to ensure full optimization.
- Storytelling through data; providing reports and access to data that enable HR and the City to make sound, data-based and equitable decisions and recommendations.
Excellent people management and organizational skills; commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; sense of urgency and flexibility; must be a motivated self-starter able to work with a minimum of supervision; strong written and verbal communication skills; and be client-focused, with a customer service orientation.
Ability to: prioritize and complete tasks with optimum efficiency; prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and exercise confidentiality; present complex concepts to employees, managers and senior leadership; quickly and effectively establish and maintain credibility at all levels within the organization, consistently demonstrate the City’s core values of Innovation, Excellence, Communication, Leadership, Trust and Reliability, Responsiveness, and Respect.
Knowledge of: Benefits strategy, trends and design; leave administration (OFLA/FMLA, upcoming state paid leave program, etc.), HRIS systems and familiarity with payroll processing.
General Statement of Duties
The principal function of an employee in this class is supervision of analysts and program management. Incumbents, as assigned, are responsible for oversight of assigned projects from inception to completion including staffing, budget, and contract administration. Incumbents serve as supervisors overseeing staff and conducting performance evaluations.
Acceptable Experience and Training – Review Program and Support Manager min quals.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Administration, or closely related field; and 5 years or more experience in benefits, leave administration and/or HRIS, as well as 2 years supervisory or lead experience, or any combination of education and experience that gives the applicants the skills/knowledge and abilities to successfully perform the job.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record;
- PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Address 150 E Main St, 150 E MAIN ST
- External File HP-2022-08-HR-Ops-Program-Manager.pdf