Reporting to the Director for HR, Employment Services, the HR Partner role serves as the first point of contact in Human Resources for our employees and managers. Working in a close team environment, this position provides advice, consultation, and information to our campus partners regarding organizational structures, union contract interpretation, HR and University policies and practices, as well as providing assistance and support with developing recruitment strategies and onboarding. This position is expected to actively participate in our commitment to customer service by focusing on accuracy, efficiency, and innovation.
- BS/BA in a related field, or equivalent experience in an HR Role
- Demonstrated experience of progressively increasing responsibility which demonstrates generalist knowledge and practical application of employment practices, techniques, rules, and laws.
- Exceptional attention to detail and customer service skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, and information systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills including active listening, deductive reasoning, and results-oriented problem-solving
- Versatile multi-tasking abilities and exceptional time management skills
- Experience in analyzing data, employment coordination, higher education, applicant tracking software, and Banner Information Systems
- Experience working in a highly diverse environment
- Proven ability to innovate/streamline processes
- Current HR certification
- Experience working in a large, complex organization
- Experience working in a union environment
Key Cultural Competencies
Create an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences.
Function and communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
Seek opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
Adhere to all of PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
- Address Portland, OR