Why iQ? iQ Credit Union is a great place to work and grow. We take care of one another and we’re committed to our employees, our members, and the communities we serve.
The HR Recruiter plays an important role in our ability to live out our purpose of helping people improve their financial lives by recruiting and hiring folks who are excited to join a growing, collaborative, joyful, inclusive, and relationship-centered team. This role is responsible for the complete recruitment life-cycle, including sourcing, screening, interviewing, hiring, and finding ways to continually improve upon the candidate, hiring manager, and new employee experience. Actively participates in HR department initiatives focused on the employee experience and retention efforts.
Work Environment: We believe in an employee-first approach to remote work – the selected individual with have the option to work a hybrid remote schedule, up to 95% remote.
Please apply through our Career Site.
- Manage the full life cycle recruiting process, including developing and posting creative job advertisements, screening applicants, interviewing, testing, conducting reference checks, and assisting managers in selecting the most qualified candidate for each opening.
- Possess thorough knowledge of Human Resources procedures and functions. Ensure compliance of applicable employment law and programs such as Affirmative Action, Equal Employment, Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as other local, state, and federal laws related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Identify diverse talent pools, develop sourcing strategies, and build talent pipelines to meet Credit Union staffing needs.
- Leverages online recruiting resources, community partnerships, and third party recruiters when necessary, to identify and recruit exceptional talent.
- Attract top talent through a variety of sourcing techniques, including cold calling, internet searches, networking, social media, and other methods as appropriate.
- Proactively communicate with both candidates and managers, provide updates to candidates and hiring manager on status of applications and requisitions timely.
- Train managers on recruiting and onboarding requirements, processes, and best practices. Guide managers in developing sound, job-related recruitment plans prior to posting requisitions. Partners with hiring managers to ensure thorough and compliant candidate evaluations.
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience, and knowledge in relation to position requirements. Ensure candidates records are kept up-to-date in the applicant tracking system for accurate reporting and analysis.
- Remain informed on updates to the HRIS to ensure system features are optimized throughout the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Manage diversity outreach efforts, review annual Affirmative Action plan and make recommendations for change. Track outreach efforts, applicant flow, and complete related Affirmative Action reporting.
- Manage job descriptions and ensure jobs are created and updated using established evaluation system. Partners with hiring managers to write complete and detailed job descriptions.
- Represent iQ Credit Union at trade, diversity, and community career fairs, and at networking events.
- Manage NMLS registrations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Exercise discretion and tact in processing documents and information of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- Experience: 1-3+ years directly related experience working in a Recruiting or Human Resources function
- Education: Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated success prioritizing and managing workload.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with utilizing and optimizing an ATS. Experience with Paycom preferred.
- Address 1313 Main St, Vancouver, WA 98660, USA (option to work remote)