Position Title: Onsite HR/Safety Manager – Full Time
Date Posting: August 31, 2021
Who is XeniumHR?
XeniumHR is an HR & Employer Services company based in Tualatin, Oregon. Our teams of HR, Payroll, and Benefit professionals support small and medium sized employers that have limited or no internal HR resources, as well as those with internal HR staff who can benefit from our expertise and training.
Why People Join and Stay at XeniumHR?
- We have a reputation for being a company committed to developing meaningful relationships and helping organizations and their employees thrive — but we are equally invested in the development of our own people. As a XeniumHR colleague, you can look forward to a stimulating career with many opportunities to learn, grow and advance.
- We strive to make XeniumHR the employer of choice for the best and brightest diverse talent, fostering an inclusive work environment where employees from varied backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities, genders can succeed. Learn more about XeniumHR’s culture here: Culture Video
- Our people are our business — that’s one of the reasons we value our colleagues’ personal learning and improvement so highly. We also want colleagues to see XeniumHR as a place where they can develop their skills and plan their long-term career. That’s why we offer many opportunities for professional development, including opportunities to collaborate and learn from other colleagues, online and in-person seminars, courses, certification programs and book groups.
- We are proud to offer a comprehensive recognition and rewards programs designed with our colleagues’ health, wealth, and well-being in mind. Rewards include competitive salary and total compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits, retirement savings plan with employer match, life insurance and disability plans, paid leave and holidays, before-tax spending accounts, flexible work arrangements, spot bonuses and wellness programs.
What is an HR Onsite?
XeniumHR Onsite employees –
- Represent the “face” of XeniumHR
- Are the go-to for day to day HR guidance and support
- Work in collaboration with their XeniumHR leadership and support colleagues to ensure effective implementation and delivery of HR practices and systems
Work Location: NE Portland, OR
Hours of Position: 40 per week
Overview of HR services for this client:
- Acts as point of contact for Human Resources and serves as the liaison between the client and Xenium.
- In conjunction with the HRBP, provides Human Resource guidance/compliance to client.
- Participates in strategic planning and implementation of culture development initiatives.
- Collaborates with HRBP/HRAR to implement HR project deliverables which include: Employee Handbooks, Job Descriptions, Wage Surveys, HR Audits, Employee Satisfaction Surveys, Trainings, Benefits, Compensation and Performance Management Programs and other client company objectives.
- Administers the full-cycle recruiting process which includes drafting the job description and posting the job opening, screening resumes, conducting phone screens, coordination interviews, job offer and pre-employment screening (pre-interview integrity screen, checking references, coordinating background check and drug screen).
- Manages new hire/benefit orientations and distributes new hire/benefit paperwork to appropriate parties, ensuring that the personnel and confidential files are complete and compliant.
- Administers the performance management program. Serves as a trusted advisor and supports coaching opportunities and ensures accurate tracking of reviews due/completed, reminder notices, provides feedback to each review prior to employee delivery to ensure effective language usage and completeness.
- Manages the FMLA/OFLA and other leave processes by coordinating with the HRBP/HRAR in creating leave paperwork and collaborates with the HRBP/HRAR on corresponding follow up letters related to leaves of absences. Acts as the point person when onsite delivery and communication is needed.
- Participates in unemployment hearings with the identified supervisor, as needed and provides necessary supporting/appropriate documentation.
- Determines and identifies training needs and leads the effort with planning and implementation of sessions (example: hiring, diversity, performance management). This can include collaboration with HRBP/HRAR and in some cases the onsite HR Rep may present the training. Other duties associated include coordinating speaker, content, promotion, set up, tracking attendance and creating training certificates.
- First point of contact for employee benefits questions. Organizes and implements annual open enrollment for medical/dental/STD/LTD/Life, benefits fair and flu shot clinic. Benefits plan administration to include annual benefits census, renewal negotiations, maintenance of enrollment and terminations electronically to the group health plan. Works with third party COBRA administrator. Conducts benefits orientation for new hires. Ensures all enrollment paperwork is completed and submitted appropriately.
- Chairs the safety committee. Manages worker’s compensation claims from completion and submission of the 801, hazard identification form, to early return to work through modified job offers. Maintains appropriate records, OSHA logs and coordinates with Safety Consultant/Coordinator to ensure effective maintenance and application of safety programs (examples: coordinates safety/OSHA trainings, voluntary inspections and program reviews).
- Attends relevant seminars and training workshops to keep abreast of HR best practices, as well as employment law updates. Conducts effective research on HR related subjects as needed.
- Maintains personnel and confidential filing system for active and inactive employees.
- Contribute ideas alongside the President to labor relations initiatives and the contract negotiations process.
- Acts as back up in processing payroll as needed.
- Directs the maintenance of employee communication and/or via written communication and verbal mediums, such as attends huddle meetings, monthly newsletter, post communication or lunchroom board postings (internal postings, policies, forms, benefits, company events and trainings).
What are the requirements for this position?
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; or Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university combined with at least three years of applicable experience.
- Commitment to advancing racial equity, and diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in the workplace.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work independently
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must demonstrate trustworthiness, confidentiality, initiative and flexibility
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required
- Passion for managing and delivering HR services
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. If you enjoy being part of a collaborative HR team, building relationships, and making a difference in workplaces, we encourage you to apply – even if you believe you don’t meet all the requirements described.
XeniumHR is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion and offering a learning and team-focused environment.
To apply, please visit our website at www.xeniumhr.com.