The HR Specialist is a key role for the Human Resources team and provides administrative and technical expertise in the areas of recruitment, benefits, leave management, employee records and compliance. This position requires strong problem solving and decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management and benefits administration.
- Manages employee leaves of absence including employee communication, required notices, tracking and coordination with payroll.
- Administers and explains all employee benefit programs including health plans and retirement plans.
- Serves as first point of contact for employee benefit questions, conducts benefit orientation meetings, oversees online enrollment, coordinates annual open enrollment meetings.
- Works with benefit broker/carriers to resolve routine situations that require assistance.
- Provides input to HR Director regarding the benefits offered by the practice and makes recommendations to ensure our programs are competitive in the marketplace.
- Posts open positions and may conduct initial phone screen interview. Makes recommendation to managers as to candidates to be given further consideration.
- Conducts background and reference checks.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an appropriate online employer presence on sites such as Glassdoor, Indeed and Linked In.
- Prepares offer letters and initiates the onboarding process.
- Schedules new employee orientation.
- Updates compensation formulas and manages Pay Equity compliance.
- Maintains personnel records and develops plan to move to electronic records.
- Keeps all HR related materials and notices updated in Learning Management System
- Communicates and adheres to Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards.
- Assists with internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years HR Generalist experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience administering company benefits.
- Knowledge of best practices related to benefits policies and procedures as well as all ERISA and ACA requirements.
- In depth understanding of FMLA/OFLA leave administration.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills with ability to handle sensitive and confidential
- Attention to detail and good record keeping skills.
- Knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
Job Type: Full-time
- One main location in Salem
- Occasional Local Travel
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
To apply send email to: email@example.com