How refreshing would it be to work with authentic people committed to doing good and focusing on sustainable practices? Are you craving an organization that values both your professional contribution as well their team members in general?
Kent Employment Solutions, in partnership with our affiliate Aria HR, has been retained to identify a Human Resources Director or Manager for our established and growing Eugene client Beau Delicious! International, LLC dba Café Yumm! ®
The HRD/HRM will manage the HR team and function for approximately 350 employees spread across Oregon and Washington. The company is currently experiencing 100% year-over-year growth in its retail grocery line and on target for its best year of restaurant sales. It’s an exciting time to join a local company focused on sustainability and healthy food that truly values HR and treats Team Members as assets.
The ideal HR professional tasked to lead this essential function has a deep and broad knowledge of labor and employment law. They have leveraged that expertise, guiding strategy and process, acting as a culture and values steward and champion, and driving continuous improvement, preferably in a multi-unit retail/hospitality organization.
About our Client
With their first restaurant opening in 1997, founders Mark and Mary Ann Beauchamp created a uniquely Northwest dining experience. From the ancient food tradition of combining rice and beans, they developed a menu that balances elemental ingredients with a light-hearted sense of fun.
Café Yumm! has grown to 23 locations across Oregon, Washington, and Idaho and launched numerous retail grocery items, including its famous Yumm! Sauce® and fan-favorite Jalapeno Sesame Salsa. 13 restaurants are company-owned, while the remaining 10 units are independently owned by franchisees. Leadership at Café Yumm! believes that success relies on promoting the Café Yumm! Purpose, Mission, and Values and measuring business impact through the lens of the triple bottom line: social, environmental, and economic factors.
CAFÉ YUMM! PURPOSE
To nourish humanity and the world.
CAFÉ YUMM! MISSION
To be the leader in providing exceptional products and services which promote a Soul satisfying…Deeply nourishing® lifestyle.
CAFÉ YUMM! VALUES
WHY CAFÉ YUMM!?
• Help perpetuate a great Brand focused on sustainable, ethical business.
• Enjoy the opportunity to thrive, grow, and influence as part of a collaborative, transparent leadership team, reporting to an authentic and compassionate manager who values curiosity and new ideas.
• Forget Swim Lanes – Interested in partnering with another department or trying a stretch project? They believe growth isn’t merely vertical.
• NO COMMUTE – Work for an established, growing, mission-centric Eugene, OR Company remotely from Oregon or SW Washington.
• Competitive mid-size company Comp Package – salary ($80-100K HRM, $100-120K HRD DOE), Safe Harbor 401K with up to 4% match, bonus eligibility, generous PTO policy, and more benefits to including 100% paid employee medical, dental, and Life coverage and continuing education support.
Day to Day:
• Ensure organizational compliance with federal, state, and local legislation on personnel matters, procedures, and policies.
• Continuously review and make at least annual recommendations for revisions to Executive Leadership.
• Document and communicate all policies and changes as needed
• Drive efficiencies and innovations in all recruiting systems and processes.
• Advance and direct onboarding/offboarding program to ensure smooth, efficient, and informative transitions for Team Members, including new hire orientation and paperwork, benefits enrollment, employee files, HRIS data, and exit interviews.
• Manage the annual review processes of the Company’s wage, salary, and benefit programs.
• Administer Employment Department, BOLI, worker’s compensation, and other administrative claims and requests from regulatory agencies.
• Improve and administer human resource information systems (HRIS) to optimize workflow and efficiency.
• Develop, maintain, and drive the annual talent acquisition plan to ensure adequate staffing to support company growth.
• Direct and develop Performance Management strategy and process, including periodic performance evaluations, recognition, rewards, performance improvement plans, notices of unacceptable job performance.
• Manage and maintain all job descriptions.
• Develop, conduct, and arrange training concerning Human Resources-related topics.
• Provide advice and counsel to supervisors on personnel best practices and responsibilities and identify or provide necessary training and development opportunities.
• Recommend, evaluate, and participate in Team Member development.
• Develop and analyze key metrics and reporting for Executive Team and supervisors.
• Manage and support Team Member relations/employee relations.
• Administer the Team Member benefits plans, including medical, dental, life, and retirement plans.
• Oversee and administer the worker’s compensation insurance policies, including conducting renewals, submitting claims.
• Lead and mentor the Human Resources Staff, currently 2 direct reports.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & QUALITIES
• Human Resources Manager: A minimum of five years’ experience in a human resources department or related experience combined with education (Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, or a related field) and certification (SHRM-CP or PHR) with some supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
• Human Resources Director: A minimum of eight years’ experience in a human resources department or related experience combined with education (Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, or a related field) and certification (SPHR or SHRM-SCP) with a minimum of three years leadership experience as a “working manager”.
• Able to maintain a professional attitude and appearance that represents Café Yumm! Mission & Values culture steward and role model. Positive, adaptable, enthusiastic, accountable, and persistent.
• Exceptional knowledge of regulatory compliance, federal and state laws with a working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
• Able to thrive in both tactical and strategic work. (This is a “working manager” role.)
• Proficient in MS Office Suite and HRIS systems such as Kronos/UKG Workforce Ready.
• Advise and provide insight on improving operations, processes, or service techniques.
• Strong customer service acumen. Deliver services that are professional, timely, fair, and in a uniform manner.
• Cooperate with all Team Members collaborating across departments. Advise and influence as necessary.
• Develop, track, and communicate measurable goals and objectives.
o Experience training, developing, and managing HR professionals preferred.
o Multi-site/multi-state HR experience, highly preferred.
COMPENSATION – HRD $100-120K DOE, HRM $80-100K ANNUALLY
Kent Employment Solutions is exclusively retained to handle this search and is collaborating with Aria HR. We are sourcing, screening, and vetting any potential candidates.