Are you excited to step into a complex world that requires a blend of mind, heart and flexibility? We at CareOregon have been strengthening communities since 1994 by making health care work for everyone. As a nonprofit health plan largely focused on Oregon’s Medicaid population, we find fulfillment in supporting the underserved.
General Statement of Duties
The Human Resource Information System (HRIS) Administrator maintains the organization’s HRIS applications and modules. Core areas of responsibility include systems administration, reporting, and process improvement.
Essential Position Functions
- Oversees and maintains optimal function of the HRIS, which may include customization, development, maintenance, and upgrade to applications, systems, and modules.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to HRIS users.
- Manages permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings for HRIS users.
- Programs custom functions and documentation, such as automated queries, filters, macros, and reports.
- Represents HR department needs within integration activities in collaboration with vendors and internal subject matter experts.
- Partners with IS to ensure data feeds with internal and external systems and vendors perform as expected; monitors errors and ensures team member and manager access is seamless
- Serves as lead representative and liaison between HR, Information Services (IS), external vendors, and other stakeholders for HRIS design and implementation projects.
- Collaborates with and bridges communications between IS, Accounting/Payroll and HR to address system inquiries and issues.
- Ensures system compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
- In collaboration with IS, communicates planned and unplanned HR systems outages
- Develops user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Trains staff on new processes/functionality.
- Creates job aids and training for new hires, newly promoted managers and technical partners.
- Establishes and administers process for reporting intake and approval.
- Generates reports/queries, including writing, maintaining and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Assists in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Compiles or assists with the acquisition of complex data needs, summaries, and reports for executives and HR staff.
- Meets with all levels of management to discuss and clarify requests for HR data.
- Maintains data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Collaborates with executive leadership and HR staff to identify system improvements and enhancements; recommends and implements solutions in partnership with IS.
- Monitors and remains current on the organization’s HR systems, courses, and upgrades.
- Maintains awareness of current trends and developments in HR management systems with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and customer experience.
- Examines trends in information systems training, materials and techniques.
- Continuously increases both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge.
- Participates in user group meetings/conferences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong understanding of system administration with a highly technical understanding of at least one commercial HRIS product
- Understanding of data management fundamentals and reporting, including data structures, integration, stewardship, and governance
- Understanding of and ablity to apply qualitative/quantitative measurement and data collection design principles
- Familiarity with human resources policies and procedures
- Ability to understand and interpret data requests and provide timely and accurate reports
- Ability to automate or help streamline manual processes
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop or identify effective courses of action or solutions to issues that arise
- Advanced ability to author and maintain system documentation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with coworkers, staff, and technology vendors
- Ability to convert systems terminology into understandable content for educating users
- Ability to effectively document and present information and recommendations to stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to keep information confidential
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 3 years systems administrator experience required, including minimum 2 years’ experience administering HR systems
- Experience administering Ultimate Software/UltiPro and Cornerstone strongly preferred
- Experience integrating data between mulitiple HR systems (e.g., applicant tracking systems, compensation software, benefits and wellness vendor platforms, etc.)
- Travel: This position may include occasional required or optional travel outside of the workplace, in which the employee’s personal vehicle, local transit, or other means of transportation may be used.
Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply. CareOregon is committed to building a linguistically and culturally diverse and inclusive work environment
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For consideration, please apply to the posting directly:
- Address 315 SW 5th Ave, Portland, OR, USA